Nintendo Switch

Mole_Toonfan

So just me who is completely uninterested then? Maybe if you travel a lot, it's a good idea, but there's no way I'm bringing that with me out on a day trip or owt similar.

I'm interested as they seem to have just made a normal console again, the ability to pick up and play is a bonus that won't effect their games even if I rarely use it.

The Wii & Wii U both suffered from shite gimmicky titles and developers trying to pointlessly introduce motion controls into their games. Very rarely have I felt waving my hand infront of the screen enhanced gameplay and I think it'll be the same with VR (horror titles aside), so I'm glad they've stayed away from that shite. The Wii U is about twice the price it should be too because you're buying a massive brick with it.

EDIT: Basically what's been said, aye. There's a need for Nintendo to come back and just release good games while Sony and Microsoft piss about in that console war.

I assume they'll keep the DS line going as well.  This is portable, but it's not a proper handheld like the 3DS.

I don't think they are tbh, reckon they have done this to consolidate both sides so they don't have to develop games for two seperate systems.

They'll have both the DS and Wii teams work on just this console IMO, i don't see why they wouldn't as it just makes sense for them to do it.

Surprised From Software are there, guess that means they are getting a Dark Souls port. Could see Dark Souls being played on the go could be a decent selling point for a lot of people. [emoji38]

Dark Souls should not be on a hand held device. Just asking to be thrown.

:lol: Skip those tiny controllers over the entire god damn ocean fucking around with a boss on the Switch.

So just me who is completely uninterested then? Maybe if you travel a lot, it's a good idea, but there's no way I'm bringing that with me out on a day trip or owt similar.

I'm not particularly interested atm but i do think the concept of it is a good idea for multiple reasons.

I'm not wildly interested because the Wii U has similar functionality for around your household, and I'm exceptionally unlikely to want it elsewhere.

And it just looks like a tablet that plugs into a tv.

Rumors about it being a hybrid of console and handheld were true then.

Just got round to watching this, trailer is complete garbage. Just needed to show dude playing on big TV then needing a dump and taking the handheld with him. Let's face it that's what it's getting used for [emoji38]

I'm not particularly interested atm but i do think the concept of it is a good idea for multiple reasons.

I'm not wildly interested because the Wii U has similar functionality for around your household

:nope:

You couldn't take that shit into the kitchen without it disconnecting. :lol:

... I can? Guess it depends on your house, but I've never had any issues wandering around. Not that I've tried to go particularly far. It's mostly used on the couch once the wife gets moany about me hogging the TV.

... I can? Guess it depends on your house, but I've never had any issues wandering around. Not that I've tried to go particularly far. It's mostly used on the couch once the wife gets moany about me hogging the TV.

Fair enough, I took like 10 steps and it would cut out.

Guest firetotheworks

Screen looked bigger than 6.2" to me, and surely the resolution would be at least 1080p?

It is, based on that.

Video Output

60 fps, at a maximum of 1920×1080 pixels

Or 30 fps at 3840×2160 pixels

Screen looked bigger than 6.2" to me, and surely the resolution would be at least 1080p?

It is, based on that.

Video Output

:no:

The screen:

6.2" IPS LCD, 1280×720 pixels

I assume they'll keep the DS line going as well.  This is portable, but it's not a proper handheld like the 3DS.

I don't think they are tbh, reckon they have done this to consolidate both sides so they don't have to develop games for two seperate systems.

They'll have both the DS and Wii teams work on just this console IMO, i don't see why they wouldn't as it just makes sense for them to do it.

Think they'll keep them running together for a while and keep the DS line as the backup plan should things go all WiiU again, holding pokemon hostage on there is a fairly good way to keep people playing it.

It is, based on that.

Video Output

Aye, that was what I was responding to, thinking it might not be real.

Guest neesy111

It is, based on that.

Video Output

Aye, that was what I was responding to, thinking it might not be real.

That's the output resolutions, not the resolution of the screen itself.

Guest neesy111

That's video output, ie to the TV. 720 would surely be fine on a handheld?

Yes, but considering you can buy a phone with a 1080p screen for less than 100 quid, it's poor.