Nintendo Switch

Got my first experience of controller drift, started just as I got hold of Bravely Default 2, typical :lol:

It seems as though Nintendo will repair for free by the looks of what I've read, any of you guys had the Joycons repaired?

Have you tried cleaning under the affected stick with Isopropyl alcohol on a cotton bud? Can help in some cases of drift.

Aye, I always keep a spray of isopropyl handy in the games room.  Just blast it straight into the triggers and sticks these days rather than being careful with cotton buds, reasoning that it'll evaporate before it does any damage to anything but cotton bud is probably a better call.  Magic on creaky triggers particularly.

Cheers lads, I'll try the alcohol thing, if not I'll go through the website :thup:

Took three years for this to happen like, got off lightly compared to some.

Is drift that thing that used to happen with 360s where the stick wouldn't go back to neutral/off?

At least on my Joycon the stick looks normal but the character/camera on the screen moves to one side even if you are not touching it.

• 1 month later...

Is there just a chronic shortage of these? I want to buy one soon, the main console not the Lite and there don't seem to be many available on Amazon or BestBuy. Plenty of Lites. I knew there were shortages about a year ago, but still?!

edit:

https://www.techradar.com/news/nintendo-switch-sales-could-slump-if-part-shortages-continue

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Just got one :frantic:

Signed up for Walmart stock alerts and jumped on a single one that came in yesterday. Then arrived early today hand delivered from a local shop instead of from warehouse on friday. But that means Breath of the Wild isn't here til friday. I do however have the Mario anniversary game I picked up before they discontinued so will have a couple of days of Mario 64.

• 1 month later...

They are playing Metroid Dread on the Treehouse at the moment. It looks like a very impressive evolution of Super Metroid with some interesting gameplay mechanics. I think anyone who enjoyed 2D Metroid in the 16 bit days will be interested in seeing how this one turns out.

2 hours ago, O Neill said:

They are playing Metroid Dread on the Treehouse at the moment. It looks like a very impressive evolution of Super Metroid with some interesting gameplay mechanics. I think anyone who enjoyed 2D Metroid in the 16 bit days will be interested in seeing how this one turns out.

Looking forward to this. Graphics look a little too slick for my taste. Metroid should be a bit more gritty. Only seen one bit of it though. 

I was actually hyped by the Mario Party game.

Looked like what i always wanted, i wish there was more boards mind. Maybe I'm being too hopeful but it seems like a good base for the future of the Mario Party games.

The conference itself was kinda uninteresting to me after that and Metroid Dread tho. But two games I'm interested in is higher than usual so I'll take it.

8 hours ago, Mole said:

I was actually hyped by the Mario Party game.

Looked like what i always wanted, i wish there was more boards mind. Maybe I'm being too hopeful but it seems like a good base for the future of the Mario Party games.

The conference itself was kinda uninteresting to me after that and Metroid Dread tho. But two games I'm interested in is higher than usual so I'll take it.

That should really be DLC to Super Mario Party which I own. Itself only having 4 boards. Fuck full price for an expansion. 

Project Triangle Strategy is the most promising upcoming Switch game IMO. Played the demo and it's a treat, crossover between Octopath and Final Fantasy Tactics.

13 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Some decent stuff announced. Monkey Ball remake pack is welcome, Advance Wars I'm not sure about the 3D models over sprites, looks pretty cheap and cheesy. 

7tjds33hkn571.png

Think the only games I'll be getting off that list is Botw2 and Prime 4. Potentially Wario Ware. Still got a few already-released games  to play though.

Second from right in last row looks like Resident Evil 5??

Edited by Inferior Acuña