Newcastle United 3 - 0 Ipswich Town - 22/10/16 - Post-match reaction from page 9

Wullie

Keeper definitely took Gayle out, then? The incident isn't on the Sky highlights and I couldn't really tell from the top of the Gallowgate.

Was right in front of me and I can't think of a single reason for it not to be given other than incompetence.

Keeper definitely took Gayle out, then? The incident isn't on the Sky highlights and I couldn't really tell from the top of the Gallowgate.

Was right in front of me and I can't think of a single reason for it not to be given other than incompetence.

Colback was asking the referee why he never gave it when the ball went out of play a minute or so later and he clearly did a diving motion to suggest that was the reason he didn't give it. Begs the question why he didn't book Gayle though. Looked a blatant penalty all the way from the Gallowgate and seeing it on the telly it's a ridiculous decision not to award it. Couldn't really get a more stonewall penalty.

At least it didn't end up costing us.

Anyone else cringe constantly at the away fans singing "your support is fucking shit" etc? Ipswich were the worst for it, you'd think Portman Road was jumping every week when in fact it's probably as bad as our place. Not saying our home support is good mind, it is like a morgue.

Anyone else cringe constantly at the away fans singing "your support is f***ing s***" etc? Ipswich were the worst for it, you'd think Portman Road was jumping every week when in fact it's probably as bad as our place. Not saying our home support is good mind, it is like a morgue.

The Gallowgate is OK but because the away fans are so far away they can't really hear us. For that same reason I never heard the Ipswich fans singing that. One thing I will say is that the fans in the Leazes End may as well not bother turning up for what they contribute in terms of atmosphere and support to the team. Shame because it used to be canny in there but it's just full of sour faced bastards nowadays.

Bit of a shame neither Ritchie or Shelvey picked up a booking yesterday with them both being on 4 yellows and the risk of a suspension. Imagine at least one will be rested on Tuesday for the cup so it would've been the perfect opportunity.

Anyone else cringe constantly at the away fans singing "your support is f***ing s***" etc? Ipswich were the worst for it, you'd think Portman Road was jumping every week when in fact it's probably as bad as our place. Not saying our home support is good mind, it is like a morgue.

The Gallowgate is OK but because the away fans are so far away they can't really hear us. For that same reason I never heard the Ipswich fans singing that. One thing I will say is that the fans in the Leazes End may as well not bother turning up for what they contribute in terms of atmosphere and support to the team. Shame because it used to be canny in there but it's just full of sour faced bastards nowadays.

It's a fucking garbage chant anyway.

The Gallowgate is OK but because the away fans are so far away they can't really hear us. For that same reason I never heard the Ipswich fans singing that. One thing I will say is that the fans in the Leazes End may as well not bother turning up for what they contribute in terms of atmosphere and support to the team. Shame because it used to be canny in there but it's just full of sour faced b******s nowadays.

As opposed to arrogant tosspots who think they're Gods gift to football supporters.

The Gallowgate is OK but because the away fans are so far away they can't really hear us. For that same reason I never heard the Ipswich fans singing that. One thing I will say is that the fans in the Leazes End may as well not bother turning up for what they contribute in terms of atmosphere and support to the team. Shame because it used to be canny in there but it's just full of sour faced b******s nowadays.

As opposed to arrogant tosspots who think they're Gods gift to football supporters.

^^^One of the aforementioned sour faced bastards right here ^^^

Bit of a shame neither Ritchie or Shelvey picked up a booking yesterday with them both being on 4 yellows and the risk of a suspension. Imagine at least one will be rested on Tuesday for the cup so it would've been the perfect opportunity.

Was amazed Shelvey didn't get a yellow for a foul he committed yesterday. Obviously Colback got one about a minute later

^^^One of the aforementioned sour faced b******s right here ^^^

If you can't take it don't dish it out man. Try improving the atmosphere that doesn't come out of the Heaven sent Strawberry corner first.

^^^One of the aforementioned sour faced b******s right here ^^^

If you can't take it don't dish it out man. Try improving the atmosphere that doesn't come out of the Heaven sent Strawberry corner first.

It's you who appears not to be able to take the facts. That'll by why you started with the abuse.  Approx 13k NUFC fans in the Leazes and they all sit on their backsides for 90 minutes in complete silence other than to let out the odd moan. No wonder the away fans mock you.

Cut off date is 30 November by the way.

Ah, didn't realise this, thought it might be until the new year :thup:

Still got 5 games before then though so think we'd be lucky if both of them avoided another booking before 30th.

Cut off date is 30 November by the way.

Ah, didn't realise this, thought it might be until the new year :thup:

Still got 5 games before then though so think we'd be lucky if both of them avoided another booking before 30th.

I think Ritchie should be capable of being okay, most of his booking are for dissent which he needs to cut out.