Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Are we counting Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes as a tackle?

Gotta say I thought the Santos one was a worse tackle - watched the vid Wullie posted, and yeah, Thatcher kicks the shit out of his knees as he wildly swings his left leg at him. It is indeed an assault.

But Santos, with malicious forethought, set out to butcher Johnson. He got off the ground, both feet studs up and connected full whack with Johnson’s trailing foot (and bonus style points have to go for Johnson’s fall). As a footballing tackle, I feel it’s worse...?

?  It was the running elbow from Thatcher that was the problem.

Gotta say I thought the Santos one was a worse tackle - watched the vid Wullie posted, and yeah, Thatcher kicks the shit out of his knees as he wildly swings his left leg at him. It is indeed an assault.

But Santos, with malicious forethought, set out to butcher Johnson. He got off the ground, both feet studs up and connected full whack with Johnson’s trailing foot (and bonus style points have to go for Johnson’s fall). As a footballing tackle, I feel it’s worse...?

Thought it was more putting his shoulder into the kick and hitting with with the forearm. Not saying it wasn’t a horrific challenge, just saying why I thought Santos’ was worse. Didn’t think the arm was worth the mention.

Thought it was more putting his shoulder into the kick and hitting with with the forearm. Not saying it wasn’t a horrific challenge, just saying why I thought Santos’ was worse. Didn’t think the arm was worth the mention.

Thatcher kicks the shit out of his knees as he wildly swings his left leg at him.

Eh?

Okay, I did think it was a mention. Sorry, I’m half asleep. The arm action is secondary to the leg action. In my opinion. That seems to be where Kimbo and I disagree, and I’m doing a shite job of explaining my argument. Yeah?

He practically takes his head off with his arm. I'm surprised you even noticed his legs in it :lol:

Still bitter about Gravesen on Bernard.

Went to look for this one and could only see a video called "Thomas Gravesen-Horror Fouls,Crazy Skills"

It was 10mins long and only included his time at Real!

(if time stamp doesnt work its at 2h1m20s)

bernard.jpg

Okay, I did think it was a mention. Sorry, I’m half asleep. The arm action is secondary to the leg action. In my opinion. That seems to be where Kimbo and I disagree, and I’m doing a shite job of explaining my argument. Yeah?

He practically takes his head off with his arm. I'm surprised you even noticed his legs in it :lol:

:lol:

Not to mention he had a 30 yard full sprint leading into the elbow. I mean ... for goodness sake :lol:

He then stands up running off at the mouth to Glen Johnson as if nothing happened. Complete and utter Neanderthal.

Still bitter about Gravesen on Bernard.

This tackle ruined us, we were never the same after this and its what got Robson sacked. Not even exaggerating.

Agree, Everton scored in the immediate aftermath to that which started our downward spiral.

There was one in USA 94 involving Brazil where Keegan was co-commentating and slightly downplayed an obvious assault.

We've had our share of poor fouls - was it Barton against Everton the season we went down?

But the absolute worst

Leonardo on Tab Ramos.