Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

1 hour ago, samptime29 said:

Just watching the goals of the season on match of the day, and they were very good obviously but not the strongest year imo.

It's much easier for teams to score by just getting in the box and find the slightest contact and go down and get a penalty rather than scoring a worldie. Nee point taking speculative shots from 30 yards when you can just dive and get a penalty instead. Thanks VAR. 

On 24/05/2021 at 07:56, Optimistic Nut said:

In boxing etc, do they not get a title if they defend the belt? So in this, the reigning champions would get another title every time they win a game? 

I have no idea, just feels like the reigning champion haven't got anything to gain by winning a game :lol:

10 minutes ago, Nobody said:

In boxing etc, do they not get a title if they defend the belt? So in this, the reigning champions would get another title every time they win a game? 

I have no idea, just feels like the reigning champion haven't got anything to gain by winning a game :lol:

Not an additional one, no.

Unless the challenger puts up a belt from another organisation.

One of the things I like about rugby in New Zealand is they have the Ranfurly Shield, which is a similar concept, been going for over one hundred years. Every home league match is a mandatory title defence but the title holders can voluntarily defend the title in an away game if they want. Then during the pre-season it's customary for the title holders to play against a couple of teams from the lower divisions to give them the chance to win the shield. It seems more prestigious than the actual league. 

Guest HTT II

My little man joins Boro’s academy tomorrow, he’s been at SAFC for over a year now, has been scouted by NUFC and is wanted by Gateshead too. Super proud, he’s only 7 and watching him play has been fucking brilliant these last few years, it’s all yours son if you want it and if not, what an experience. I’m well jealous of kids these days who play footy, the future of English football is looking great if what I see in 7 year olds and their teams and their coaches is to go off. 

Guest neesy111
17 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Always assumed John Lundstram was Swedish or something.

Norwegian grandparents says on his wiki.

I've seen a lot of people putting Maguire in there team of the season this year, has he actually been that good, swear he's had a few calamities in him.

@Froggy is probably best for this.

Probably better in here: Just seen Venezia or Cittadella will be promoted to the Serie A tomorrow. Both teams with stadiums in the 7.5k capacity range. Venezia not been in the top division for 20 years and Cittadella for the first time in their history, on the third lowest budget in the Serie B. Venezia has a rich owner so not that impressive, but fun to see teams like that make it all the way to the top division anyhow. Venezia having their stadium in old Venice and Cittadella having theirs within the medieval citadel. Fun trivia teams as well. I am entertained.

On 25/05/2021 at 14:13, HTT II said:

My little man joins Boro’s academy tomorrow, he’s been at SAFC for over a year now, has been scouted by NUFC and is wanted by Gateshead too. Super proud, he’s only 7 and watching him play has been fucking brilliant these last few years, it’s all yours son if you want it and if not, what an experience. I’m well jealous of kids these days who play footy, the future of English football is looking great if what I see in 7 year olds and their teams and their coaches is to go off. 

Why is he moving out of interest?

Guest HTT II
Just now, Joey Linton said:

Why is he moving out of interest?

He’s at both of them. He bossed it tonight, stand out training session from him in a new environment. Boro have some good young keeper’s btw, decent set up they have over in Durham, they have another in Washington too. Gonna have to choose between someone one day soon as I’m aware he’s doing too much footy, but he loves it. He wears a kit underneath his school uniform every day for the play yard when they are having their break time. He’s football daft playing wise. So confident too, I just love watching kids pay at this age and my boy is a joy to watch. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Boro have the best academy in the north east don’t they?

From what I’ve heard aye, although SAFC is very good from what I’ve experienced. Apart from their communication....

16 minutes ago, Disco said:

Think @ponsaeliushas been to the Venezia stadium, you have to get a vaporetto to it. Proper shit tip or it was when they were last up in Serie A.

Didn't it burn down or get flooded at some point and due to the team not being good anymore they just didn't really fix it? :lol: Think it's the second oldest stadium in professional football (in Italy) as well iirc.

2 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Didn't it burn down or get flooded at some point and due to the team not being good anymore they just didn't really fix it? :lol: Think it's the second oldest stadium in professional football (in Italy) as well iirc.

Given it’s Italy I’d certainly not be surprised.

The ground in Pisa is just round corner from the tower n all, we got chased out of it having a kickabout on it during a school trip.

Guest HTT II

Just got a text off the Boro coach, my boy will be playing for them (under 7s) in a 4 game tournament with their other academy development teams next Thursday, can’t wait!

12 hours ago, Disco said:

Think @ponsaeliushas been to the Venezia stadium, you have to get a vaporetto to it. Proper shit tip or it was when they were last up in Serie A.

Aye. Was in my last trip pre-lockdown! I posted photos here - should still be on there.

It's one of my all-time favourite grounds. It's at the very tip of Venice proper, which is interesting in itself as it is very residential and outside the tourist hubbub. I walked there then got the vaporetto back to Maestre station.

Almost slightly disappointed they're probably gonna be back in Serie A, as I'll now wish I had waited. But will be great to see them back up if they do. 

Cittadella would also be interesting - especially since Padova are languishing in Serie C.

Edited by ponsaelius