Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

£2 billion for a shit squad with sky high wages and a stadium with pink seats.

He could buy us for less than a quarter of that [emoji38]

Edited by toon25

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

£2 billion for a shit squad with sky high wages and a stadium with pink seats.

He could buy us for less than a quarter of that [emoji38]

He's an Arsenal supporter though so would make less sense for him.

On 08/06/2021 at 03:30, Yorkie said:

Did anyone else really like the first Goal? Remember just being proud as punch that this 'big' film was entirely centred around Newcastle. Feel like it wasn't a bad movie either. By-the-numbers stuff but still decent. Also Anna Friel. :smitten:

It was decent as football movies go, so I enjoyed it given all the Newcastle stuff. Remember there was something a bit depressing about it all being the season Bobby got sacked. We were shit when it came out, and it obviously been planned when we were a top 4 club.

My girlfriend - Mexican-American, from LA - isn't that into football but she knew the film and says the lads in her school (Mexican, so most into football) were obsessed with the film when it came out. It also got mentioned to me a few times when I was in Chile and said I was from Newcastle.

1 hour ago, Inferior Acuña said:

It was decent as football movies go, so I enjoyed it given all the Newcastle stuff. Remember there was something a bit depressing about it all being the season Bobby got sacked. We were shit when it came out, and it obviously been planned when we were a top 4 club.

My girlfriend - Mexican-American, from LA - isn't that into football but she knew the film and says the lads in her school (Mexican, so most into football) were obsessed with the film when it came out. It also got mentioned to me a few times when I was in Chile and said I was from Newcastle.

Still baffling they didn’t get someone with a hint of footballing ability to play the main part, not an actual footballer but an actor who actually knows how to properly kick a football. The film’s football footage was the thing that really let it down

2 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Mind the original Santiago (the one who was presented to the crowd when the film was first announced) and was replaced due to a scheduling conflict (I think) hasn’t done too bad for himself in his acting career- Diego Luna

1 hour ago, Holmesy said:

Still baffling they didn’t get someone with a hint of footballing ability to play the main part, not an actual footballer but an actor who actually knows how to properly kick a football. The film’s football footage was the thing that really let it down

See my post above, the original actor signed up is quite a big name now. 

Edited by et tu brute

30 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Mind the original Santiago (the one who was presented to the crowd when the film was first announced) and was replaced due to a scheduling conflict (I think) hasn’t done too bad for himself in his acting career- Diego Luna

No way, that was Diego Luna?! I mean aye he's one of Mexico's two biggest actorsMy gf will be buzzing when I tell her I've seen him in flesh. For those who don't know he's one of the main guys in Star Wars Rogue One and getting his own series soon, and in Y Tu Mama Tambien amongst numerous others.

Incidentally Luna has a British mother who died when he was young. 

Edited by Inferior Acuña

43 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

No way, that was Diego Luna?! I mean aye he's one of Mexico's two biggest actorsMy gf will be buzzing when I tell her I've seen him in flesh. For those who don't know he's one of the main guys in Star Wars Rogue One and getting his own series soon, and in Y Tu Mama Tambien amongst numerous others.

Incidentally Luna has a British mother who died when he was young. 

He’s in Narcos Mexico also. Search Diego Luna Newcastle and there’s a few images including him on the pitch.

Edited by et tu brute

21 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Did they use a real crowd for the goal filming? If so was it done pre match before we had an actual game? 

Didn't they just take clips from live games?

Seem to remember one in the film being Robert scoring a free kick against Liverpool

4 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Didn't they just take clips from live games?

Seem to remember one in the film being Robert scoring a free kick against Liverpool

Yeah they used real games - Fulham away was another one. I think the actors ran onto the pitch on the final whistle a couple of times and joined in with the players a couple of times.

11 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Did they use a real crowd for the goal filming? If so was it done pre match before we had an actual game? 

They used a part crowd of a few hundred (can’t remember exactly) within the ground and then digitised it.

Edited by et tu brute