Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Wonder if they'll just flatten stand by stand as they do it. Was in their big newest stand the season they got promoted and it was pretty dated and shit but it's light years ahead of the smaller ones.

Love owt like this. Euro players who also qualified to represent CONCACAF nations. Further reminder that the region’s talent pool is deeper than it seems.

Jamaica in particular has been making a concerted effort to scoop up qualifying dual citizens, primarily from England.

ae4ed502-061f-4a3b-b053-3baa8ec1298d_115

Edited by Tomato Deuce

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Love owt like this. Euro players who also qualified to represent CONCACAF nations. Further reminder that the region’s talent pool is deeper than it seems.

Jamaica in particular has been making a concerted effort to scoop up qualifying dual citizens, primarily from England.

It’s a small world!

4 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Think I need to improve my flag knowledge

19 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Recall that Jamaica squad list from Twitter a few months back and it looked like it could be very strong. 

Just saw Gigi Buffon's return to Parma  reveal clip on Twitter saying he's back.

Imagine if Rafa came back. Of course he won't make a video like that but the thought of him saying I'm back, goodness that would be sensational!

I live in Leeds and its so depressing seeing how proud and united the city are around their football team. Around the city they have loads of murals, little paintings on random things, billboards for something to do with the football team, both posters and video. Latest one is ad space just being taken up by "Phillips 14". The response to the ambition is palpable and they're excited and proud and hopeful and expectant. Makes me fucking sick. 

Anyone else just 'meh' with the euros? Crazy how hyped i used to be years ago for England games and Newcastle wouldn't miss a single game.I think Mike Ashley has a large part to play in this and all the silly rule changes and money ruining the game or lm just getting old

15 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Anyone else just 'meh' with the euros? Crazy how hyped i used to be years ago for England games and Newcastle wouldn't miss a single game.I think Mike Ashley has a large part to play in this and all the silly rule changes and money ruining the game or lm just getting old

Yeah l can't believe how once upon a time I couldn't miss a match, and that was any match. Now I struggle to get excited for any. I think since Rafa left I've just given up. I know deep down I'm never going to see us competing in the Premiership and that's just reflecting on any other football. 

The last world Cup was the last time I think I got a bit excited. Since then I've hardly watched any football and I'm not even too fussed on the Scotland match later

I’m a bit meh about it for a few reasons. Ireland didn’t make it, COVID has kinda killed the atmosphere in the pubs for it, I’ve been working for a lot of it and to be honest it hasn’t been a great tournament so far anyway. Couple of stand out games and moments but so many days have just been a bit boring. 

Just now, Bishops Finger said:

Yeah l can't believe how once upon a time I couldn't miss a match, and that was any match. Now I struggle to get excited for any. I think since Rafa left I've just given up. I know deep down I'm never going to see us competing in the Premiership and that's just reflecting on any other football. 

The last world Cup was the last time I think I got a bit excited. Since then I've hardly watched any football and I'm not even too fussed on the Scotland match later

Agree around the Rafa point that was the last time I got excited again for Newcastle, as for England it died after they sacked Fabio for Me I remember everyone getting pumped for 2016 and 2018 going stir crazy jumping on buses n shit and me just thinking we are shit.

37 minutes ago, astraguy said:

I feel kinda of meh about it too for a few reasons. I think the fact there isn’t the traditional host country and games are played all across Europe doesn’t give it the euros feel. Also while a couple games are packed out the majority are like a quarter full. Also VAR and football in general being shit at the moment too 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

I feel kinda of meh about it too for a few reasons. I think the fact there isn’t the traditional host country and games are played all across Europe doesn’t give it the euros feel. Also while a couple games are packed out the majority are like a quarter full. Also VAR and football in general being shit at the moment too 

TBF the refs have been superb with their use of VAR so far, I do think spreading the games all over has had a massive negative effect tho.

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

TBF the refs have been superb with their use of VAR so far, I do think spreading the games all over has had a massive negative effect tho.

Aye they have, I was meaning the use of it in general. Just waiting even just a few seconds to see if a goal counts or not just kills that natural reaction