Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest HTT II

They were both world-class performers, but never quite elite level like Messi and Ronaldo, but having said that, no-one else has been at their level either of their generation. 

Edited by HTT II

17 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They were both world-class performers, but never quite elite level like Messi and Ronaldo, but having said that, no-one else has been at their level either. 

Ability wise Ronaldo isn't even the best Ronaldo ever.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Wolfcastle said:

Ability wise Ronaldo isn't even the best Ronaldo ever.

In his generation he was/is…

No doubts they're the best since 2005 and two of the best ever and nobody else can touch them in this generation (or the next).

Maradona was better than all of them for me. If were talking 'ever'.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

No doubts they're the best since 2005 and two of the best ever and nobody else can touch them in this generation (or the next).

Maradona was better than all of them for me.

Maradona man, totally agree, although the best player I’ve ever saw live is Zidane, sheer elegance and wizardry with the ball at his feet, those two are probably too close to call between them in that regard.

8 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Madness

Rooney was fucking mint for 10+ years. Every year. All time leading scorer records for club and country. Titles galore. He was also able to adapt his game as he aged and maintain a ridiculously high standard. There's nothing that Bale could do that Rooney couldn't. And didn't repeatedly. No doubt Bale was shit hot for a number of years, but Rooney was just better and better for longer, for me.

23 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Rooney was fucking mint for 10+ years. Every year. All time leading scorer records for club and country. Titles galore. He was also able to adapt his game as he aged and maintain a ridiculously high standard. There's nothing that Bale could do that Rooney couldn't. And didn't repeatedly. No doubt Bale was shit hot for a number of years, but Rooney was just better and better for longer, for me.

Bale’s rise at Spurs reminded me a little of Henry at Arsenal, winger moving up front etc. But Henry did it for longer at the top level right up until he was old.

Bale has a touch of Michael Owen about him.. his heart isn’t in it anymore. Filthy rich and his real interests are elsewhere.

I wonder about Rooney sometimes, it was rather a quick demise of his talents. Was it genetics against him or did he just not look after himself? He was done at Man Utd by the time he was 29/30, no major injuries.. he just looks like the fat version of Ricky Hatton now. 

8 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Rooney was very good but not great for me.

183 goals in 393 games for Man Utd, less than a goal every other game in an amazing team.

And less than a goal every other game for England.

The question is really whether he's better than Bale though, and he was.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, i'd have Rooney over Bale.

Really think Bale drops a few levels when he doesn't have a team playing to him like it was at Spurs.

47 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

"I'm not anti-women...I just think there's a time and place." :lol:

Reminds me of one of my all-time favorite bits:

Edited by Tomato Deuce

Full written reasons: https://www.efl.com/contentassets/873a8914e09740d3b3a8848131ea10b8/210630---efl-v-derby-county---decision-on-sanction-final.pdf

"Following the decision, the EFL remains disappointed that the Commission has determined that a £100,000 financial penalty is appropriate, when it was found the policy adopted for the amortisation of player registrations and the description in the notes to the Annual Accounts did not comply with Profit & Sustainability (P&S) rules.

Alongside a financial penalty, the Club received a reprimand as to its future conduct and has been ordered to submit revised and restated accounts for the years ended 30 June 2016, 30 June 2017 and 30 June 2018 to the EFL by Wednesday 18 August 2021. 

While the EFL does not agree that those sanctions are commensurate to the breaches found, following consultation with our legal advisors, the EFL Board has regrettably determined that there are insufficient grounds to appeal the sanction imposed by the Independent Disciplinary Commission"

"As a consequence of the EFL’s decision not to appeal, the divisional placings for season 2021/22 are to remain in accordance with the fixture list issued on 24 June 2021."

Representing Derby, who are safe from relegation because the EFL aren't appealing, are Nick de Marco and Tom Richards (who was on High Court documents relating to our own case in February).