Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Absolutely grim. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9804037/Married-Premier-League-player-arrested-suspicion-child-sex-offences.html

In a statement, Greater Manchester Police said: 'Officers arrested a 31-year-old man on Friday 16 July 2021 on suspicion of child sex offences. He is on police bail pending further enquiries.'

Edited by nbthree3

How much can get the press get away with, without actually naming someone in cases like this? I mean they've basically made him the only possible player it could be with how descriptive they've been [emoji38]

4 hours ago, Jaqen said:

How much can get the press get away with, without actually naming someone in cases like this? I mean they've basically made him the only possible player it could be with how descriptive they've been [emoji38]

50/50 isn't it? Only two players in their squad is 31.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

They really are the scouse mackems.

To be fair they’ve actually taken some action, rather than continuing to play him like those abominations down the road.

Edited by Kimbo

48 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

It also states "According to the British media, the arrest of the player – later released on bail – whose personal details have not been officially disclosed for privacy reasons, was carried out by the Greater Manchester Police"

Yeah it's a strange one, they could have been referring to a different article , which seems to have named him, but then retracted it in the article but left it in the URL. And even so, that's not a British site as far as I can tell.

2 minutes ago, La Parka said:

I mean he's not guilty yet right. 

Yes but under EPL ODT rules he is guilty until he can prove he is innocent. Strange that this case is so confidential, yet so transparent, whereas...

I see my original post was deleted by a mod and then the subsequent one had the potential referencing URL also removed, this is fine I guess, but are we not allowed to discuss the potential identity? It's not like there is a court order or anonymity injunction, big difference to 'not disclosed' information.

13 hours ago, Mike said:

Something something don't say anything that can get us sued, etc.

13 hours ago, Wullie said:

Aye no speculation please.

5 minutes ago, HawK said:

I see my original post was deleted by a mod and then the subsequent one had the potential referencing URL also removed, this is fine I guess, but are we not allowed to discuss the potential identity? It's not like there is a court order or anonymity injunction, big difference to 'not disclosed' information.

35 minutes ago, HawK said:

The Attorney General has issued a stark warning to people posting on social media about a Premier League footballer who has been arrested on suspicion of child sex offences. 

Twitter, Facebook and Instagram became littered with memes on Tuesday morning purporting to identify the professional athlete who has not been charged. 

Britain's chief legal adviser has warned that such posts could be in contempt of court - a crime that carries a potential prison sentence. 

The Attorney General, Rt Hon Michael Ellis QC MP, said: "Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and everyone deserves a fair trial.

"A mis-judged tweet or post could have grave repercussions and interfere with a trial. It could mean a trial is delayed or at worst stopped because a fair trial isn’t possible – so I would caution everyone, don’t get in the way of justice being done.

"The Attorney General’s Office will monitor the situation and we will review any contempt of court allegations made to us."

6 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

The Attorney General has issued a stark warning to people posting on social media about a Premier League footballer who has been arrested on suspicion of child sex offences. 

Twitter, Facebook and Instagram became littered with memes on Tuesday morning purporting to identify the professional athlete who has not been charged. 

Britain's chief legal adviser has warned that such posts could be in contempt of court - a crime that carries a potential prison sentence. 

The Attorney General, Rt Hon Michael Ellis QC MP, said: "Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and everyone deserves a fair trial.

"A mis-judged tweet or post could have grave repercussions and interfere with a trial. It could mean a trial is delayed or at worst stopped because a fair trial isn’t possible – so I would caution everyone, don’t get in the way of justice being done.

"The Attorney General’s Office will monitor the situation and we will review any contempt of court allegations made to us."

Aye, bit of a difference between saying 'it's him', a la the social media numptees, and linking a news website article, mind. That said, have no issues with complying with the requests of wullie/mike, just didn't see them.

Edited by HawK
mike not yorkie :lol: