Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest HTT II
33 minutes ago, Mike said:

Was SSN always this fucking unwatchable? I feel like it used to be entertaining on days like today.

They are not allowed to show dildos now so it’s went massively down hill, although they are still somehow allowed to use dildos to comment on live games, that’s British TV for you. It’s fucked up!

"According to the Sun", so probably bollocks, but :lol:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/benjamin-mendy-prison-rape-case-24881343

Benjamin Mendy 'having meltdown' in prison after assuming he would be locked in VIP wing

Benjamin Mendy has reportedly been having a meltdown in prison after mistakenly believing he was going to be housed on a VIP wing.

The Manchester City star has been charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.

Mendy is currently on remand in HMP Altcourse following his appearance in Chester Magistrates’ court on Friday.

The 27-year-old was said to be shocked that he would not be allowed home as he was instead transported to the Category B jail in Liverpool.

Upon arrival, Mendy was informed that he would be kept on the VP wing for vulnerable prisoners.

But according to The Sun , Mendy misheard and assumed that meant he would be taken to a VIP wing for celebrity figures and was in dismay when he realised that was not the case.

38 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Nonce Wing. 

Crown Court bail app was refused today so highly likely to stay in prison now until his trial, unless there is a change of circumstances. 

Reading about some of the allegations against him is harrowing stuff.

42 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Nonce Wing. 

Crown Court bail app was refused today so highly likely to stay in prison now until his trial, unless there is a change of circumstances. 

"for your own safety would like to be put with the rapists and nonces?"

@ManDoon

I haven't read anything much at all. It is quite difficult predicting outcomes at the best of times and it's gotten harder in recent years. I think Jury's are more likely to convict post #metoo and Savile both in terms of sexual offences generally and convicting celebrities.

The fact that there are multiple complainants will make it easier to prove a case beyond reasonable doubt. However, the fact each of these incidents happens at his house may well help him with the reasonable belief in consent defence he is almost certain to be running. Also from what I understand three rape charges are on the same day (2 complainants?) which again helps from a defence point of view. 

It's difficult to say much without reading the evidence so that's all very broad brush stuff. What will be damning evidence is if there are similarities between the methodology of the October 2020 rapes and the most recent Rape alleged to have been committed whilst on bail. 

Had it been leaked anywhere that he had been arrested/under investigation/on bail? I don’t recall it but I know Twitter is a cesspit for stuff like that with celebs.

If he’s not actually guilty, he’s thick as fuck allowing himself to get into a difficult situation for the most recent allegation (Aug 2021) when already on bail for a RASSO case (Oct 2020).

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Had it been leaked anywhere that he had been arrested/under investigation/on bail? I don’t recall it but I know Twitter is a cesspit for stuff like that with celebs.

If he’s not actually guilty, he’s thick as fuck allowing himself to get into a difficult situation for the most recent allegation (Aug 2021) when already on bail for a RASSO case (Oct 2020).

They mentioned that he'd been on bail on the Guardian football podcast so it was in an official police statement somewhere.

7 hours ago, Dokko said:

If it gets rid of the acon I'm all for it. 

I don't know why you are focusing on Africa, it is hard to see how this can pass without essentially ending every major continental competition. :lol: It would ruin the international calendar as we know it.

Speaking of internationals, the decisions from the UK government are understandable, I suppose, but it is still madness that we are going through with massive international matches, given the competitive imbalance of Premier League players not being allowed to play in certain nations. Many Brazilians, Argentinians, and Colombians are going to miss big matches in this window, Egypt had to play without several top players and CIV will be doing the same, all at the entirely arbitrary whim of the UK government. South Africa's reward for letting a variant run out of control is to play a weakened Ghana at home and Cape Verde's reward for bring arbitrarily red-listed is to host a Nigeria side that will have to drop 8 players, 6-7 of whom would probably start. :lol: I am amazed a resolution to this was not worked out and we are just proceeding since this is not a problem with any other country.

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

10 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

I don't know why you are focusing on Africa, it is hard to see how this can pass without essentially ending every major continental competition. :lol: It would ruin the international calendar as we know it.

Speaking of internationals, the decisions from the UK government are understandable, I suppose, but it is still madness that we are going through with massive international matches, given the competitive imbalance of Premier League players not being allowed to play in certain nations. Many Brazilians, Argentinians, and Colombians are going to miss big matches in this window, Egypt had to play without several top players and CIV will be doing the same, all at the entirely arbitrary whim of the UK government. South Africa's reward for letting a variant run out of control is to play a weakened Ghana at home and Cape Verde's reward for bring arbitrarily red-listed is to host a Nigeria side that will have to drop 8 players, 6-7 of whom would probably start. :lol: I am amazed a resolution to this was not worked out and we are just proceeding since this is not a problem with any other country.

No other reason than Because you lose your best African players for 8 weeks of the season every 2 years and is a fucking mare in FM. 

I literally have to ban African purchases and I'm sick of it. 

1 hour ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

Yeah. It feels like every week there’s another dagger in football’s festering corpse.

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah. It feels like every week there’s another dagger in football’s festering corpse.

Like it or lump it the European leagues have more pulling power than all of Africa, America's and Asia put together. 

It was only the proper corruption that kept the Caribbeans remotely relevant....maybe Jack Warner was just ahead of the curve and genuinely wanted progress (obviously as long as his own wallet got fatter)?