Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

49 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Sponsors. 

When a player scores, they are usually on camera in full view as the camera pans in. Take your shirt off and sponsors get unhappy.

Thought it was because of some people’s religious views being against men taking their tops off 

There was an interview on Sky Sports News earlier with Graham Potter and even though it's more than just stating the obvious but it's night and day compared to who occupies our managerial seat(s). I could have watched the interview for hours, he's such an intelligent and articulate man, he has the whole environment of the club planned out and all geared towards improving the players on the pitch but also off the pitch, which is equally as important. He mentioned when he was doing his Masters degree, the other people on his course were surgeons and members of the armed forces, all trying to use those transferable skills to get the best out of their respective teams. If we ever get taken over (:yao:) then I genuinely think he'd be a great appointment. There's something of the Rafa approach that I like but maybe with a smidge more of a personal touch. 

But, aye, we've got Steve Bruce. 

55 minutes ago, number37 said:

There was an interview on Sky Sports News earlier with Graham Potter and even though it's more than just stating the obvious but it's night and day compared to who occupies our managerial seat(s). I could have watched the interview for hours, he's such an intelligent and articulate man, he has the whole environment of the club planned out and all geared towards improving the players on the pitch but also off the pitch, which is equally as important. He mentioned when he was doing his Masters degree, the other people on his course were surgeons and members of the armed forces, all trying to use those transferable skills to get the best out of their respective teams. If we ever get taken over (:yao:) then I genuinely think he'd be a great appointment. There's something of the Rafa approach that I like but maybe with a smidge more of a personal touch. 

But, aye, we've got Steve Bruce. 

He was a big loss to us, think we would have been Premier League again now had he stayed more than a year.

On 19/09/2021 at 00:11, Groo said:

Is this a YELLOW or a RED.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/swansea-city/12411730/how-is-this-only-a-yellow

Manning had tapped the ball away to stop a quick free kick. Ref gave both a yellow. I can't think this being a yellow if Ronaldo was on the receiving end.

Wouldn't even have been a yellow if Ronaldo was on the receiving end based on the decisions against him yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

If I may digress, was watching Rise of the Footsoldier 3 last night and who should pop up in there, but everyone's favorite self-promotiing gob-shite, Steve Wraith. He played one of Shaun Ryder's heavies.

Very satisfying to see him getting his face smashed in. 

39 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Is there a decent article on it you could point me in the direction of?

Not what you asked for but the Price of Football podcast went deep down into it all on today's episode, if you want uber detail/analysis/speculation. 

9 hours ago, neesy111 said:

The scale of Derby County's playing of the books and financial mismanagement is staggering.

I'm sure there won't be any points deductions or anything because that only hurts the fans and it's not their fault.  That's how it works, right?

41 minutes ago, loki679 said:

I'm sure there won't be any points deductions or anything because that only hurts the fans and it's not their fault.  That's how it works, right?

That's how it worked the other month but I imagine it's changed back to normal now, apparently the Derby chairman has lost £200 million and could also lose his house.

Good article in The Athletic about Derby but how is it that the players and taxman HAVE to be paid but the rest of the creditors and staff just get pennies in the pound !! In what world is a player more in need of the money than a cleaner ?

From The Athletic'discussion about trying to keep the League Cup relevant:

"In a week when Wimbledon face Arsenal, and Championship sides Queens Park Rangers and Millwall welcome Everton and Leicester City, Sky Sports have picked two all-Premier League ties — Norwich City vs Liverpool and Manchester United vs West Ham United — to show tonight and tomorrow. Both those pairs of teams have already met in Premier League games shown live on Sky in the first two months of this season, with the latter duo having played at the London Stadium two days ago."

:anguish: so boring, man. 

Full article: https://theathletic.com/2836390/2021/09/21/the-league-cups-fight-to-stay-relevant-dwindling-crowds-second-string-sides-and-bland-tv-picks?source=user-shared-article

Feel like every other day I'm reading a great article on there about some issue in the game that desperately requires change of some sort, but feeling extremely doubtful that it'll come, or that it'll be a bad change. 

3 hours ago, Ben said:

Good article in The Athletic about Derby but how is it that the players and taxman HAVE to be paid but the rest of the creditors and staff just get pennies in the pound !! In what world is a player more in need of the money than a cleaner ?

https://www.realbusinessrescue.co.uk/articles/uk-company-law/the-football-creditors-rule-what-is-it-and-what-does-it-mean-for-all-creditors

"The original intention of the rule was to provide protection for clubs in the lower leagues. It was also intended to prevent a knock-on effect of other clubs not getting paid, and having to enter administration themselves.

This ‘domino effect’ was a real risk, and the threat was there that the sport could destabilise if the issue was not addressed."