Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Another good reason for independent oversite of football.  How is an owner allowed to get into debt of 200m?  I read the Athletic article and I found it quite helpful.  OK, so in a roundabout way he bought Pride Park for 81m so where did the rest of the money go?  Or does some of that 200m include the tax owed and other current debt?  Maybe the owner had good intentions but he's really made a tangled mess of things.  Maybe an independent board could have brought things to a head sooner so players could have been shifted in the summer window.  It looks like another club is going to be wound up.

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

https://www.realbusinessrescue.co.uk/articles/uk-company-law/the-football-creditors-rule-what-is-it-and-what-does-it-mean-for-all-creditors

"The original intention of the rule was to provide protection for clubs in the lower leagues. It was also intended to prevent a knock-on effect of other clubs not getting paid, and having to enter administration themselves.

This ‘domino effect’ was a real risk, and the threat was there that the sport could destabilise if the issue was not addressed."

I understand that but why does a player deserve to get paid before the other staff ?

Just found out my dad played 5-a-side tonight.  He's nearly 70, the mad bastard.  Know he has a reputation of being a good striker, he reckons he scored "four or five" tonight.  He was out injured for a few months before covid anyway after someone knacked his ankle with a late tackle, so must be a few years since he took to he pitch.  Missed it so much during lockdown he would play in his sleep, including one incident where he booted my mum out of bed trying to put his laces through a volley.  Worst thing was after she calmed down he had to tell her he hadn't scored it anyway, and in his dream it went over the bar. His target is to beat the record of the guy who started the team, who retired at 73.  I remember as a kid when he was in trouble cos he woke my mum up at 2am to tell her he'd won the double with Newcastle on Kevin Toms' Football Manager on the Commodore 64.

8 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Just found out my dad played 5-a-side tonight.  He's nearly 70, the mad bastard.  Know he has a reputation of being a good striker, he reckons he scored "four or five" tonight.  He was out injured for a few months before covid anyway after someone knacked his ankle with a late tackle, so must be a few years since he took to he pitch.  Missed it so much during lockdown he would play in his sleep, including one incident where he booted my mum out of bed trying to put his laces through a volley.  Worst thing was after she calmed down he had to tell her he hadn't scored it anyway, and in his dream it went over the bar. His target is to beat the record of the guy who started the team, who retired at 73.  I remember as a kid when he was in trouble cos he woke my mum up at 2am to tell her he'd won the double with Newcastle on Kevin Toms' Football Manager on the Commodore 64.

:lol: 

9 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Your dad is a fucking legend 

I don’t gamble and I’m aware of the problems gambling causes, but it’s hypocritical if you ask me to go after betting firms when there is so much more corruption and bad/worse people/investors/sponsors involved in the game. Ban Mike Ashley FFS!

25 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Why is Wayne Rooney putting up with the situation at Derby? Seems like an absolute nightmare of a place for your first shot at management.

He's got nothing to lose apart from time. It's all an experience for him and it really doesn't get much tougher than it has been. A world apart from the footballing world he's used to and that's got to be a good thing for his development as a manager. 

I'm not really a fan of his and think he can't help but get himself in to situations  in his public life but I do currently respect him sticking at it and it would make a great story if he turns it round or brings them back up next season.  

Who the fuck is giving a 13 year old with cerebral palsy online abuse? Literally no one is safe. Humans really do just have a natural instinct to be dicks. Good on those Fulham players for showing support, but it shouldn’t be necessary. So glad I’ve never created a profile in that godforsaken app.

It always baffles me who has time and inclination to log into an app and bother to send anyone abuse. It's one thing being small brained enough to hate someone its another to think i know what i will spend my afternoons doing, hurling vitriolic spew into the world. But hey what to I know cancel culture gone mad lolololol