Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Was on the City forum the other day and they reckon that if Mansour sold up now they'd have made a very tidy profit, never really gets mentioned. 

The issue being that who has a few billion to spend on purchasing an elite club, and what kind of profit would you make on that as a prospective purchaser down the line. Far better to pick a Newcastle and build it up and make money. 

Think Stelling leaving has been a long time coming,especially when they got rid of Le Tiss, Thompson etc. Can't say I've watched Soccer Saturday for quite a long time now

Seems a really affable fella and provided some really funny moments over the years.

If they just parachute someone else into Jeff's chair and leave everything else the same I think it'll only last another couple of seasons.

I still think the format of live reporters around the grounds has merit but the analysis and team of studio pundits are fucking godawful and needs completely doing again from scratch. Merson, Bent, Dawson, Sherwood, Clinton fucking Morrison... all need to be off the screen ASAP.

I'd love to know the real story behind getting rid of Nicholas, Le Tissier and Thompson because it certainly doesn't seem to have been, as was whinged about at the time, some sort of attempt at increased diversity if you're replacing them with Tim Sherwood and Michael Dawson. For all they often talked a load of PFM bollocks, there was a genuine chemistry amongst them all that was good to watch. Now it's just the PFM bollocks without the chemistry.

A big part of me thinks they just wanted rid of that absolute fucking fruitcake Le Tissier but thought that getting rid of him alone would create a load of drama they couldn't be arsed with.