Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

3 hours ago, 54 said:

Get to fuck.

Is an extra ten minutes going to transform the Geordie Jackpot and Crossbar Challenge into Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake? 

EDIT: Might upgrade my half time entertainment from getting my shoes pissed on at a packed urinal to getting my shoes pissed on at a packed urinal AND having a five quid plastic bottle of Carling. 

3 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Seriously doubt that halftime shows have anything to do with it

Television ad revenue.

I remember German clubs were the first to want it increased to 20 minutes to maximise revenue at the kiosks at HT.

This has Daniel Levy written all over it.

7 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Messi wins the ballon d'or again.

I get he won something for argentina etc but this is ridiculous. He is not the best player in the world. give it to one of the other well deserving shortlist.

I don't get this. Think it's just fatigue. He had a great year when at Barca and won the Copa America while completely dominating it. What someone does in the new season doesn't really matter

Guest neesy111
7 minutes ago, triggs said:

I don't get this. Think it's just fatigue. He had a great year when at Barca and won the Copa America while completely dominating it. What someone does in the new season doesn't really matter

Messi between January and April at Barca was unbelievable.  Some how got them into the title race.

Edited by neesy111

Lewy has been unbelievable for Bayern for how long? Plus even managed to score 3 goals for an otherwise useless Poland team  at the Euros and has a great scoring record for them, also. 

Always been a massive Messi fan, so have watched him whenever I have had the chance. Not really shocked he has won it. But I don’t think he was at the same levels as before, nor do I think he should have won it. Lewandowski should have won it two years in a row.

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Lewy has been unbelievable for Bayern for how long? Plus even managed to score 3 goals for an otherwise useless Poland team  at the Euros and has a great scoring record for them, also. 

Always been a massive Messi fan, so have watched him whenever I have had the chance. Not really shocked he has won it. But I don’t think he was at the same levels as before, nor do I think he should have won it. Lewandowski should have won it two years in a row.

Lewa defo in 2020 totally agree - bloke is simply brilliant 

BUT Messi for me has been the best player on the planet in 2021 

When does the voting stop? Is it not from January until something like the start of this month? His PSG performances (some of which have been very good, BTW) not really factored in? 

I think he is the best player of all time and much more of a complete footballer than Ronaldo. So I’m not really sure what I’m arguing about. Just from the games I have seen of each and following them both like a fanboy for a good while each week. I think Lewy deserves it more this year and definitely last, as you’ve said. 

Lewandowski also barely played in a big game all season. Was injured when they got knocked out in the CL quarters and did pretty well with a terrible Poland team in the summer. It just wasn't a stellar year overall