Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I wonder if some of these heart problems players are getting even after they have retired are down to performance enhancing supplements during their playing career or growth supplements? Heart issues seem to be on the increase!

Just now, HTT II said:

I wonder if some of these heart problems players are getting even after they have retired are down to performance enhancing supplements during their playing career or growth supplements? Heart issues seem to be on the increase!

Definitely linked to doping. So much money in football and the pressure that goes with it for the players not to be on the gear. Players are consistently moving more and faster and the drugs testing is an absolute joke. Doping agents are getting better too.

13 minutes ago, woody said:

TIL Francis Jeffers was a first team coach for Paul Cook at Ipswich (recently sacked) and it reminded me of how SBR was allegedly desperate to sign him. 

Not sure how true it was but he was supposed to have wanted Jeffers and Zenden. Bellamy and Robert were second choices.

6 hours ago, madras said:

Not sure how true it was but he was supposed to have wanted Jeffers and Zenden. Bellamy and Robert were second choices.

At the time I would probably had been happier with Jeffers and Zenden than Bellamy and Robert. Wouldn't be surprised if those rumours were true. SBR always had much faith in English talents, and Jeffers was considered to be a better talent than Bellamy. SBR also had good connections with PSV and Barca, Zendens two former clubs before he went to Chelsea.

I definitely remember us being after Jeffers, being annoyed that Arsenal got him ahead of us, and being underwhelmed that we'd bought a Division 1 striker who at the time I thought looked about as good as Darren Huckerby. Didn't take long to realise he was really good.

I remember more or less everyone being really excited about Robert though.

I was wondering that the other day actually; obviously they were good signings, transformed us, yada yada, and everyone knows that. But, to just consider the actual recruitment itself - were Bellamy and Robert just unbelievably effective scout picks or do you think we got a bit lucky/they surpassed expectations? As you say, @kisearch, it's not like Bellers was pulling up trees at his previous club stats-wise. Were they both Bobby picks? No idea what our scouting set up was around that time but you imagine the landscape is very different to now where there's so much tech and a very organised network of agents and lawyers shaping the market. Then again, how did we end up with Bassedas, Cordone, Acuna? :laugh:

Dunno what point I'm making here. 

Bellamy was just like Dyer and to a lesser extent Jenas IIRC - young, well known talent playing at a lower level (when he was at Norwich and we were after him) I would think there'd have been scouting, but they were well known players.

Edited by kisearch

On 15/12/2021 at 17:38, HTT II said:

I heard a really interesting take on this the other day, and if the person who told me is right it will be coming out in the press soon.

Apparently when Covid injections are given into the bloodstream (accidentally) rather than muscle they are causing heart flutters and irregular heartbeats. A guy I play with has experienced it, then there’s Aguero, Lindelof and a number of other players. 
It could be bollocks but his son is a scientist and reckons it’s being investigated heavily. 

Edited by Holmesy

1 hour ago, Holmesy said:

I heard a really interesting take on this the other day, and if the person who told me is right it will be coming out in the press soon.

Apparently when Covid injections are given into the bloodstream (accidentally) rather than muscle they are causing heart flutters and irregular heartbeats. A guy I play with has experienced it, then there’s Aguero, Lindelof and a number of other players. 
It could be bollocks but his son is a scientist and reckons it’s being investigated heavily. 

Do you play with Matt Le Tissier?

36 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Because they're clearly a bunch of chances and selling NFT's is not a sustainable model for income

If they have the money up front  to purchase and its legal, I dont see the issue. After that they want clubs to be self sustaining don't they ?