Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Fist rule of Talksport is you turn it off.

A slow slide but the London Guardian little better these days unless it’s a special which are genuinely good. 

57 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Don’t want make a thread but “your most disliked player” in the PL? For me Kasper Schmeicel. Just something about him proper winds me up. I’m sure Richarlison is on most people’s lists. Also Maddison 

what the fuck is this shit? he comes across like a really likeable person.

22/23 might be the first season in a while that things feel different

Man City possibly getting investigated for shell companies giving fake sponorship deals

Liverpool in debt

Chelsea no more Abramavich

Tottenham have to sell to buy?

Arsenal work in progress

West Ham tough challenge

Man U a crumbling shell of dreams

3 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Don’t want make a thread but “your most disliked player” in the PL? For me Kasper Schmeicel. Just something about him proper winds me up. I’m sure Richarlison is on most people’s lists. Also Maddison 

Gordon.

Does anyone think Ten Hag will do well? I am sure he would if able to shed all the dead weight and build fresh but not sure that is ever going to happen. Only PSG feels a more poisoned chalice in world football

Guest HTT II
Just now, Tiresias said:

Does anyone think Ten Hag will do well? I am sure he would if able to shed all the dead weight and build fresh but not sure that is ever going to happen. Only PSG feels a more poisoned chalice in world football

He’ll flop IMO. Too huge a job for him!

25 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He needs about 5 years

He really shouldn’t, although I guess that depends upon what you think his goal should be. They’ve got loads of money and the name, plus presumably their youth facilities are terrific. The team just got 6th. For all their obvious issues it really wouldn’t take much to have them be properly good again.

Look at Conte. It seems to be hard for people to remember how many problems there were at Spurs pre-season and early season with all the Kane stuff and the obvious lack of faith in Nuno from all angles. Now look at the difference.

Ten Hag should be spending next year setting himself up for the 2023-24 season. He has three transfer windows and a year in which he can use the Europa to blood youngsters or whatever he wants. Nobody should expect them to be guaranteed top four next year, but you should be able to see a significant difference by the end of the season, both on and off the pitch.

Spurs are an interesting one though, don’t you think Leffe? I don’t watch a huge amount of your games but if Conte goes or Kane or Son then things look massively different for you again, right? I would say that Man U don’t even have that sort of spine of two amazing players who can dig them out. I think they need major changes in a lot of positions and they need to get at least three world class players who can perform quickly to get them up in the CL spots. If things don’t change for them quickly it could get really nasty there

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Spurs are an interesting one though, don’t you think Leffe? I don’t watch a huge amount of your games but if Conte goes or Kane or Son then things look massively different for you again, right? I would say that Man U don’t even have that sort of spine of two amazing players who can dig them out. I think they need major changes in a lot of positions and they need to get at least three world class players who can perform quickly to get them up in the CL spots. If things don’t change for them quickly it could get really nasty there

Yeah, this is where me not watching much footy recently doesn’t help :lol:. I do take the point about Conte being more able to make short-term improvements, but the whole “Spurs would be nothing without Kane and Son” narrative is slightly weird. Heard it or variations of it a million times and I never know exactly what to say. Yes things look massively different if we lose our manager or our best players? :mystery:

If the point is that a team only got top four because their manager and best players are really good then I find it hard to argue against. If the point is that those individuals are more likely to leave Spurs because they can go to somebody better with more money then I find it hard to argue against. It sounds like you’re arguing that Spurs are different from the other “top” teams like Man City or Liverpool (or Man U, or Chelsea) because their success is on weaker foundations? 

Hmm, I guess I was going for, Tottenham are a success and can maintain top four football if they keep Kane, Son and Conte. If even one of those goes I think top 4 is in doubt. I get what you mean that any team losing one of their best players makes a big difference but I think the other top 4-6 sides aren’t so heavily weighted towards a handful of players. My wider point though was that Man U don’t even have players who come close to being able to transform them into a genuine top 4 team either as a baseline across the squad or in having 2-3 amazing players that can drag them over the line so they’ve got an enormous rebuild job