US Politics & Society Part ∞: The President is a dumb motherf*cker

We did it fam !

Unbelievable scenes last night as I was watching the results come in at a bar in Manhattan wearing my MAGA hat. Security outside was a lovely African-American guy who thumbed up my hat, said he voted Trump.

I then went inside and sat down with my British friend who was visiting me from Toronto as genuinely thought it'd be a landslide Hillary victory because he reads Main Steam Media, Polls, and bullshit trash like Times, The Economist or Washington Post. I had told him he's in for a surprise.

As results come in, he gets nervous...he asks the bartender (Latino man)...HOW THE HELL IS THIS HAPPENING ?

The Latino smile and says, ...you aren't on the Trump Train ?? My mate responds: I'm a Canadian citizen anyways, but how is it happening ?

Bartender says: well, I'm happy. I voted for him today.

We go to the final bar, HIGH ENERGY. People of all mixes there, white, black, asian, indian, sikh, muslim, woman, man.....as Don delivers his victory speech.

11 pints last night, have a pounding headache.

On a more intellectual note, in case you're scratching your head over the Trump/Brexit phenomena wondering how it happened:

It's a vote against the self interested corrupt establishment as much as it's a vote against cultural marxism as much as it's a vote against (failing) multiculturalism and globalisation.

The left allowed itself to morph into a hysterical liberal elite who thought their moral superiority would make up for utterly failing all the working people they once represented.

Ordinary people can't express their frustrations publicly in fear of being socially ostracized (think I've lost 40 friends on FB alone past year over this) or losing their jobs for wrong-think....but in secret of a ballot vote, they sure can..and it's their payback.

p*ss off back to Russia you f***ing c***.

Do you want me out of your country just because I am a middle-eastern immigrant ?  racist bigot

Soon

CwzAIHuUsAApFLQ.jpg

Looking like Hillary won the popular vote. Democracy \o/

:lol: So technically ... we weren't as bad as brexit? \o/

:sweetjesus: A silver lining.

Yeah, thats not how this works :lol:

:lol: Nah, that's how this s*** works. Popular vote vs Popular vote. Y'all voted to leave, we voted for her.

:lol: True, but you have 11000 people vote for a dead gorilla, so I mean :lol:

I want everyone that voted for Harambe flayed.

Why the f*** is this dead gorilla so important?  America is bizarre.

9mxwzwofcmwx.jpg

Makes my write in for Bernie seem downright rational in comparison.

Does the constitution preclude a harambe presidency? I assume non-citizenship.

p.sure the 'no ghost gorilla' clause is in there somewhere, cba to look it up

Was shocked when i woke up to the news today.

It shows that there are serious disconnect between most people and the politicians.

One thing i have to say, reading this tread.

Those who calls those who voted or supported Trump idiots or something similar is just building up under the problem.

For some people Trump was the lesser evil, and we have to respect that opinion, and listen to what they say. Learn from it! Not just write them off as stupid fucks, that is true ignorance.

I hope this is a first step for American and any other countries politicians to listen to what really matter, and that is the people you are suppose to govern.

To be clear, i would never for the life of me voted Trump, and i might be reluctant to vote Hillary. Sanders on the other hand...

Get through the next 4 years America, learn from this and get it right next time :aww:

Not having this tripe about the left not understanding what should and traditionally has been their voter base when it comes down to immigrant issues. Americans just voted in a president who is publicly endorsed by the KKK. What is there to misunderstand? Yes Trump got absolutely blasted by the liberal media and liberals in general. But if Trump's hideous misogyny, hate towards muslims and calling Mexicans rapists isn't worth blasting - what the fuck is?

The problem isn't us 'privileged urban liberals' not understanding rural white people's daily realities, it's that rural white people refuse to understand the world and I for one am sure as fuck not going to reach down to their level of hate towards people they barely ever interact with. It's their job drag their heads out of the sand. The cold hard fact of the matter is that the foundations of Trump's victory rest first and foremost on racism - not dethroning the political elite or increasing economic inequality. It's not the left's job to 'meet midway through' to that.

Michelle Obama in 4 years?

I hope that if we've learned anything it's that going back on familiar names that have been in the public eye for ages may not be the best of ideas.

:lol::thup:

You were right Bluf. Fuck dynasties.

Her rejection is far more to do with her being a female than a Clinton.

I hope that if we've learned anything it's that going back on familiar names that have been in the public eye for ages may not be the best of ideas.

It has to do with a whole shitload of things. Being female, being a Clinton, being overconfident, being a bad candidate, being a "traditional" politician, not taking proper care of her fucking emails. The margin is small enough that all of these things were probably decisive in the end.

We did it fam !

Unbelievable scenes last night as I was watching the results come in at a bar in Manhattan wearing my MAGA hat. Security outside was a lovely African-American guy who thumbed up my hat, said he voted Trump.

I then went inside and sat down with my British friend who was visiting me from Toronto as genuinely thought it'd be a landslide Hillary victory because he reads Main Steam Media, Polls, and bullshit trash like Times, The Economist or Washington Post. I had told him he's in for a surprise.

As results come in, he gets nervous...he asks the bartender (Latino man)...HOW THE HELL IS THIS HAPPENING ?

The Latino smile and says, ...you aren't on the Trump Train ?? My mate responds: I'm a Canadian citizen anyways, but how is it happening ?

Bartender says: well, I'm happy. I voted for him today.

We go to the final bar, HIGH ENERGY. People of all mixes there, white, black, asian, indian, sikh, muslim, woman, man.....as Don delivers his victory speech.

11 pints last night, have a pounding headache.

On a more intellectual note, in case you're scratching your head over the Trump/Brexit phenomena wondering how it happened:

It's a vote against the self interested corrupt establishment as much as it's a vote against cultural marxism as much as it's a vote against (failing) multiculturalism and globalisation.

The left allowed itself to morph into a hysterical liberal elite who thought their moral superiority would make up for utterly failing all the working people they once represented.

Ordinary people can't express their frustrations publicly in fear of being socially ostracized (think I've lost 40 friends on FB alone past year over this) or losing their jobs for wrong-think....but in secret of a ballot vote, they sure can..and it's their payback.

p*ss off back to Russia you f***ing c***.

Do you want me out of your country just because I am a middle-eastern immigrant ? racist bigot

Soon

FYP

Not having this tripe about the left not understanding what should and traditionally has been their voter base when it comes down to immigrant issues. Americans just voted in a president who is publicly endorsed by the KKK. What is there to misunderstand? Yes Trump got absolutely blasted by the liberal media and liberals in general. But if Trump's hideous misogyny, hate towards muslims and calling Mexicans rapists isn't worth blasting - what the fuck is?

The problem isn't us 'privileged urban liberals' not understanding rural white people's daily realities, it's that rural white people refuse to understand the world and I for one am sure as fuck not going to reach down to their level of hate towards people they barely ever interact with. It's their job drag their heads out of the sand. The cold hard fact of the matter is that the foundations of Trump's victory rest first and foremost on racism - not dethroning the political elite or increasing economic inequality. It's not the left's job to 'meet midway through' to that.

And the people who drive inequality through their economics and policies are the ones who benefit from the xenophobia it creates.

There is a genuine dilemma facing any progressive at the moment though, it's hard to see how it can be resolved. Like you say, we can't reach down and endorse ignorance and racism, yet we have to understand its causes and somehow turn the conversation around.

TBH this could get a lot worse before it gets better. I'm very worried about the next few years.

:smitten:

It has to do with a whole shitload of things. Being female, being a Clinton, being overconfident, being a bad candidate, being a "traditional" politician, not taking proper care of her fucking emails. The margin is small enough that all of these things were probably decisive in the end.

Until the left can find someone who isn't either dodgy as fuck or a complete embarrassment, politics both sides of the pond is going to be awful for a while.

Until the left can find someone who isn't either dodgy as fuck or a complete embarrassment, politics both sides of the pond is going to be awful for a while.

http://i.imgur.com/x1i4vzp.jpg

And the people who drive inequality through their economics and policies are the ones who benefit from the xenophobia it creates.

There is a genuine dilemma facing any progressive at the moment though, it's hard to see how it can be resolved. Like you say, we can't reach down and endorse ignorance and racism, yet we have to understand its causes and somehow turn the conversation around.

TBH this could get a lot worse before it gets better. I'm very worried about the next few years.

I said similar a few months ago, in either the UK Politics or the referendum thread. The left everywhere are stuck, between their social and economic policies - they want to help the poorest in society economically, but those people often only want help by way of getting rid of the foreigners and aren't interested in any other possible solutions, which in turn interferes with the left's tolerant social outlook. As you say, very difficult to see how you manage to square that circle.