Sexual Abuse in Football

Tooj

Thanks lads and lasses. It's good to talk  :aww:

When you hear of someone else's traumatic childhood experiences has it ever crossed your mind to blame the child? We never even entertain the idea that the child is to blame or in some way tarnished, when it is a child other than ourself who is the victim. Yet it is this silent shame we feel ourselves which  paedophile's rely on to keep doing what they callously do. It not only takes huge courage to disclose, it shows how to take the power away from in the greater scheme of things small episodes of our lives, normalises this for others and ultimately takes the power away from would be abusers. You have my absolute respect, Vlad. Good on ye man.

Guest Howaythetoon

Thanks lads and lasses. It's good to talk  :aww:

First of all, thank you for sharing your experiences and secondly more power to you for doing so, you sir are an example to everyone in that you have suffered such experiences but have seemingly come out on top. As someone whose own family has been effected by child abuse I can only tip my hat to you for coming on here and sharing your experiences.

Regarding this whole issue, it is common in all walks of life and we shouldn't be surprised it happens in football, in fact it actually makes sense from a dirty pervert's point of view. It's sickening and more needs done to protect children. Thankfully I think we are winning the battle.

My heart goes out to any kid past or present who suffers abuse, as someone whose family has experienced this shit and as someone who is a father, there cannot be anything worse, the bastards.

The very thought sends shivers down my spine.

Back to Vlad  :love:

What a great thing to see Vlad feeling like talking about things on here and the forum being so genuinely warm. Massive props all round.

Absolutely spot on. :)

:thup: Fantastic place this. It's great that Vlad is able to share. Really brave putting it out there. :)

Guest Howaythetoon

What a great thing to see Vlad feeling like talking about things on here and the forum being so genuinely warm. Massive props all round.

:thup: Fantastic place this. It's great that Vlad is able to share. Really brave putting it out there. :)

Best place online for me, love this place!

Glad things like this have come to light.  It's fucking sickening, TBH.  But it needs to get highlighted. 

I was abused by a so called 'family friend' when I was younger and only told the missus about 5 years ago and my Mam earlier this year.  It really is hard to put it into words when trying to explain it.  You feel guilty and ashamed of yourself and for years, I just buried it in the back of my mind.  Can't imagine what it is like for people that have suffered far worse and for those that have to come out and speak to the public to raise awareness.  It is a terrifying thought, for me.  So I have ended up just announcing it on here instead.  Solid logic :lol:

Fuck it.  I am seeing this stuff in the media all the while and I watched Spotlight earlier this year and decided I have had enough of keeping it bottled up.  Feels good to get it off my chest. 

Hats off to you man. I hope the sharing proves cathartic for you, it certainly wasn't doing you any good buried at the back of your mind - though I completely undestand why it was.

Best place online for me, love this place!

Aint it just! Makes me laugh on a daily basis, there are some really knowledgable people on here and have even used it for things like holiday and Newcastle restaurant advice.

Thanks again for all the kind words. Really glad I decided to share. Bit of a spontaneous decision TBH, but pleased I went with it!

Child abuse seems to have been rampant in all walks of life in the UK and Ireland back in "the good old days"

Yet the majority of us who lived as children through those times were blissfully unaware of it. It just wasn't mentioned, yet looking back there were no restraints against adults working or being with children so these beasts had carte blanche to do as they pleased.

Scary thoughts. I went away in my days as a County Colts Rugby player in the charge of adults I didn't really know, could've easily happened around me..

Vlad, good on you for being able to open up here. Hope you feel a weight has been lifted by doing so, you deserve huge kudos for being brave enough to share.  O0

Taken from elsewhere with regards to what's gone on at Crewe;

"and from we heard tonight, the Sandusky/Paterno and Bennell/Gradi comparisons may come in as it has been suggested by a former director of Crewe that Gradi was aware that Bennell had boys stay over at his house."

Man ... the Penn State thing was so terrible. The things people will sweep under the carpet to keep up the image and success of their team. Shocking stuff.

It really is weird like. I even saw one case the other day where parents went to confront the coach about it and just presumed after that that it was finished and didn't even bother going to the police

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't know how anyone can harm a child and I don't just say that as a parent. What I find just as distressing than the actual act of abuse is how it often comes about, grooming, befriending family, getting employment around kids etc. and then the whole deception as if nothing is wrong or happened.

That's what made the whole Andy Johnson thing even more vile because he groomed the poor lass. Had he met her in a club and necked on with her you can maybe see an error in judgement, but not when he targeted the girl. They are the worst types.

These people are sick and I honestly wouldn't care less if child abusers be it physical as in beatings, mental as in bullying or sexual never see another kid again - in short get locked up or taken away from contact with kids for all eternity.

Kids are innocent and beautiful beings and to abuse them is to abuse what life is all about for them or should be. I should know as it effected my own family when we were kids and its fucking horrible as a kid.

My two know that no-one not even mammy and daddy should ever touch them inappropriately. They know its wrong and those that would do such a thing are bad people and not to be trusted even family.

How sad is it that a 3 year old and almost 5 year old have been taught to understand such things...

Although I think we are becoming more aware and better educated regarding sexual abuse, I still think its fucking rampant and in all walks of life and parts of society. I think even less is considered regarding physical and mental abuse outside of that!

Sadly for boys and men its even harder to talk about due to how masculine society is so its good that these ex footballers are talking and Lush Vlad too because it will only help others.

I don't know how anyone can harm a child and I don't just say that as a parent. What I find just as distressing than the actual act of abuse is how it often comes about, grooming, befriending family, getting employment around kids etc. and then the whole deception as if nothing is wrong or happened.

That's what made the whole Andy Johnson thing even more vile because he groomed the poor lass. Had he met her in a club and necked on with her you can maybe see an error in judgement, but not when he targeted the girl. They are the worst types.

These people are sick and I honestly wouldn't care less if child abusers be it physical as in beatings, mental as in bullying or sexual never see another kid again - in short get locked up or taken away from contact with kids for all eternity.

Kids are innocent and beautiful beings and to abuse them is to abuse what life is all about for them or should be. I should know as it effected my own family when we were kids and its fucking horrible as a kid.

My two know that no-one not even mammy and daddy should ever touch them inappropriately. They know its wrong and those that would do such a thing are bad people and not to be trusted even family.

How sad is it that a 3 year old and almost 5 year old have been taught to understand such things...

Although I think we are becoming more aware and better educated regarding sexual abuse, I still think its fucking rampant and in all walks of life and parts of society. I think even less is considered regarding physical and mental abuse outside of that!

Sadly for boys and men its even harder to talk about due to how masculine society is so its good that these ex footballers are talking and Lush Vlad too because it will only help others.

You mean Adam of course and not the former diving striker from Fulham, Everton, Palace etc.