Newcastle United v Aston Villa - 20/2/17 @ 8pm (live on SkySports 1)

Sir Toon

Guest neesy111

TV audience for this is going to be spectacularly low.

In numbers or as in feeling a bit down? :lol:

Numbers, everyone will be watching the Sutton vs Arsenal game.

Newcastle are absolute turd at home if they are'nt 2-0 up after ten minutes. There is this steadily increasing grumble of discontent and you think our misfits know the meaning of pressure?

Get at them early and the crowd will swing it.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16169-prematch-thread/?page=4

:lol: I love this stereotype of our support.

The first sentance of that post is one of the most ridiculous things I've read.

There's a reasonable amount of evidence to back up what he's saying, tbf. We're pretty shite at home and have some really minging results to show that - and the crowd have been either quiet or quick to moan for the majority of the season. Derby was an exception and hopefully the efforts of GallowgateFlags will get them pumped tonight.

Really looking forward to this tbh. No idea what the score is gonna be. A win is massive; back to the top and nine points clear of 3rd ahead of what will probably be the pivotal section of the season.

Aye our home form is poor in comparison to our great away form.  But over a full season our home form alone would still put us on 95 points.  I mean we've got almost as many points over 15 games at home as Villa have in their 31 games so far this season, so its a bit of a laugh for one of them to call us "turd" at home.

Darlow

Yedlin    Lascelles      Clark    Dummett

Diame      Shelvey

Ritchie            Perez            Atsu

Gayle

Newcastle are absolute turd at home if they are'nt 2-0 up after ten minutes. There is this steadily increasing grumble of discontent and you think our misfits know the meaning of pressure?

Get at them early and the crowd will swing it.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16169-prematch-thread/?page=4

:lol: I love this stereotype of our support.

The first sentance of that post is one of the most ridiculous things I've read.

There's a reasonable amount of evidence to back up what he's saying, tbf. We're pretty s**** at home and have some really minging results to show that - and the crowd have been either quiet or quick to moan for the majority of the season. Derby was an exception and hopefully the efforts of GallowgateFlags will get them pumped tonight.

Really looking forward to this tbh. No idea what the score is gonna be. A win is massive; back to the top and nine points clear of 3rd ahead of what will probably be the pivotal section of the season.

Other than a moan or goan at a misplaced pass - which happens in every single ground in England, what discontent has been shown this season? Even during shit losses, has there even been a single bewwww at FT? The lack of atmosphere is not just at SJP it is a national problem but our ground is still relatively atmospheric in comparison to most others.

We've also won 10 of our 15 home games, I'd hardly call that 'pretty shit'.

The results on the whole have obviously been fine, but that guy isn't just talking about results and neither am I. The last time we actually played well for the whole game, at home/at all was against Birmingham 4-0 (by all accounts). Even Rotherham nearly had us in that first half. We've rarely looked convincing at home since that 9-game streak; sometimes we're pretty shit and win, other times we're pretty shit and lose/draw.

He's saying we're beatable and I'm saying I agree.

The crowd will be prepared and expecting fair play and I would like to think the match officials follow football in which case they will be ready and expectant for that cheating baarstard Lansbury and his antics. A yellow card early on at the first sign of him feigning injury has got to be produced to keep him in check. If there is any justice we will win and he will have a miserable night he'll want to forget.

The results on the whole have obviously been fine, but that guy isn't just talking about results and neither am I. The last time we actually played well for the whole game, at home/at all was against Birmingham 4-0 (by all accounts). Even Rotherham nearly had us in that first half. We've rarely looked convincing at home since that 9-game streak; sometimes we're pretty shit and win, other times we're pretty shit and lose/draw.

He's saying we're beatable and I'm saying I agree.

I don't think we'll get beat, but I can see us struggling to put these away. It will probably be a classic case of a bunch of overpaid big time Charlies under-performing all season then raising their game against us because we are a big team. We need to be patient and make sure we don't give them anything to start with, they will probably implode themselves if left to their own devices.

I must admit I do get excited when we're at home on a Monday night live on Sky. There's just that something special for me about playing Monday night on Sky under the SJP lights, especially when they show aerial shots of SJP. Could probably trace it to that 'Cantona' game back in March 96. What an atmosphere that was. The hype for the game was unbelivable and we played fantastically that first half.

Another Monday night home game that sticks to my mind was our first game of the season where we played West Ham and hammered them 4-0. Shearer scored and Viana made his debut I think. :smitten:

Just hope tonight with a great atmosphere, we can hand out a good beating to these c***s and sing a nice song for Brucey at the end too. Our last 2 home games on Sky have been shocking though.

When was our last Monday Night game?

Sheff Wed this season. If you mean actual PL MNF, Leicester away last season. Last PL MNF home game was Wigan, which was the last one we won, where Bigirimana scored a thunder bastard and was never seen again after.

Diame behind Gayle, Atsu and Ritchie wide, plz.

Hoping for that too.

Perez has been better recently but Diame is a better foil for Gayle. Sick to fucking death of the double donkey brothers down the left so hope to fuck Gouffran is out for this.

Diame behind Gayle, Atsu and Ritchie wide, plz.

Hoping for that too.

Perez has been better recently but Diame is a better foil for Gayle. Sick to fucking death of the double donkey brothers down the left so hope to fuck Gouffran is out for this.

Agree with that. Perez has been better, which is great to see, but Diame just offers more goal threat, whether directly or through an assist. I thought even last season Mitro and Perez worked well together, just they never actually scored many goals.

Guest neesy111

When was our last Monday Night game?

Blackburn away. Shef wednesday home was also Monday night albeit Boxing Day.

Blackburn wasn't at night.