Leeds United (h) Saturday 15/4/17 3:00pm (advice needed)

Hi guys, I have a couple of questions.

Me and the wife are thinking about traveling to Newcastle for this match (from Denmark). We plan to arrive on Thursday or Friday and go back Sunday or Monday. I have a couple of questions some of you might be able to help me clear up:

1) How likely would you think it is that the game could be moved? Neither team is in any cup competition, but as it is Easter is there a risk some of the holidays could be chosen instead? (e.g. because of TV)

2) Would you think it is possible to get two tickets on general sale? As it is Easter, could the game be sold out quicker? Last time I visited I bought Sunderland tickets on Viagogo and Benfica tickets on general sale. NUFc doesn't seem to have a cooperation with Viagogo any more?

Any other risks I should/could worry about?

Any advice or recommendations are very much appreciated. This is my second visit to Newcastle and the first visit for my wife and it would be a shame if it isn't possible to see the match..

Thank you very much in advance.

I would expect the match to be moved for TV coverage, although, it could remain on the same day at a different time. As we play Ipswich on the Monday and both sunderland and Boro have a home game scheduled on the Saturday, I'd not be surprised to see this be moved to the Friday.

I'd expect you should get a ticket on general sale, but you'll need to be quick. The game will undoubtedly sell out although if you are ready to buy the ticket online at 10am on the day it goes on general sale you should be okay.

Viagogo no longer work with NUFC.

1) It is very likely it will be moved for TV as both us and Leeds are going for promotion, the 2 clubs are the biggest in this league arguably and the viewing figures for the TV game at Elland Road were the highest for any Championship game this season. The dates for TV are announced on a rolling basis and I heard they will be announced next week although I'm not 100% sure. The issue is, us, Sunderland and Middlesbrough all have home fixtures scheduled for the weekend we play Leeds, and some expect this game to be on the Friday night to avoid clashes for the police and also because Newcastle are away at Ipswich on the Easter Monday after, so there's a fairly large chance it will be on the Friday night.

2) I'd expect this game to be in high demand and it to sell out. I'd keep an eye on NUFC.com as they'll have the dates for when the tickets for this go on sale so you can quickly get yourselves sorted with seats together.

Hope I've helped.

Think we can rule out the game being played on Sunday because of the Ipswich match on Monday. Thursday until Sunday should be a safe time period for you both to see the Leeds game.

You would think that. Unless there's potential for them to move the Ipswich game as well? It's a nightmare trying to second guess, you've just got to wait it out until they actually announce confirmed times, which is hopefully this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Well lads, coming over for this game from ireland and there's a flight going from Newcastle at 10:30 back to Ireland on the Friday. If I left straight after the game ye reckon I could make the flight?

You'd have to be there about half an hour wouldn't you? If so I'd say no chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Any spares pop up giz a shout. Need 1 but will take 2 if sat together.

Mates home from the navy and wants to get a game in. I've told him he can have mine if no spares turn up.

I'm sure we all agree I'm a thoroughly nice chap to offer up my ticket but i don't want to miss!