Reading 0-0 Newcastle United - 07/03/17 - Post-match reaction from page 8(!)

BlueStar

Got offered a ticket last minute with some Reading supporting mates of mine so sat with their fans near the halfway line. My god, what an absolutely shockingly quiet atmosphere. My neighbours fuck louder than their entire stadium makes noise. Our boys were good as usual.

Was it me (and my shit hearing) or did I hear our lot sing 'Gouffran's shite m'lord, Gouffran's shite' a couple times? I swear I heard it directly after he did something shit as well  :lol:

Poor game, we probably had the best chance but it was the fair result. Colback is so terrible, I don't hate on Dummett but watching him slice the ball out of play was painful. Thought Murphy did okay, same with Perez but just lacked cutting edge. Clark was solid, Lascelles had a couple shaky moments but did fine. The lack of pressing from both teams was infuriating, no one wanted to take the initiative.

Still happy enough with the point. Just need to beat Fulham.

Got offered a ticket last minute with some Reading supporting mates of mine so sat with their fans near the halfway line. My god, what an absolutely shockingly quiet atmosphere. My neighbours f*** louder than their entire stadium makes noise. Our boys were good as usual.

Was it me (and my s*** hearing) or did I hear our lot sing 'Gouffran's s**** m'lord, Gouffran's s****' a couple times? I swear I heard it directly after he did something s*** as well  :lol:

Poor game, we probably had the best chance but it was the fair result. Colback is so terrible, I don't hate on Dummett but watching him slice the ball out of play was painful. Thought Murphy did okay, same with Perez but just lacked cutting edge. Clark was solid, Lascelles had a couple shaky moments but did fine. The lack of pressing from both teams was infuriating, no one wanted to take the initiative.

Their fans - Paul McShane my lord.

Great set of results, but our home form means we can't be that confident atm.

Fulham are on form and won't be easy. Need to get back to winning ways.

We need to win this match for a number of reasons ;

1.They beat us in the first game of the season and we never got going

2.The side need to start giving the home crowd some good results

3.A bad result will have other teams thinking we are definitely weak at SJP

4.A victory will take the wind well and truly out of our rivals' sails.

You are correct - it WON'T be easy and I would be delighted by a 1-0 win.

Pleased with the point coming after tough games at Brighton & Huddersfield so no complaints about the points haul from the 3 games. Did not see the game so cannot comment but will take everyone's word that it was dull.

I understand why Rafa is having to play Colback in Hayden's absence but we cannot persist with this player once back in the PL.

Strangely enough, I have the creepy feeling that he WILL still be in the squad next season, especially if Rafa has gone - he has managed to survive 3 managers since he arrived....probably keeps his mouth shut so suits Ashley & Charnley.

Win needed v Fulham now..

Amazing how many less pages there is when we're not on tv so morons and trolls can't whip themselves into a frenzy about how we're on the verge of not getting in the playoffs and we need Gerry Francis in.

Great set of results, but our home form means we can't be that confident atm.

Fulham are on form and won't be easy. Need to get back to winning ways.

We need to win this match for a number of reasons ;

1.They beat us in the first game of the season and we never got going

2.The side need to start giving the home crowd some good results

3.A bad result will have other teams thinking we are definitely weak at SJP

4.A victory will take the wind well and truly out of our rivals' sails.

You are correct - it WON'T be easy and I would be delighted by a 1-0 win.

A 1-0 win doesn't do point 3 any favours in fairness.

Before these matches, the Reading game seemed like the most likely win of the 3, so a draw feels a bit of a disappointment.

However, you cant take away the effort and results in the previous 2 matches which were brilliant, and as someone else said if you'd offered 7 pts out of the 9 beforehand, not many wouldn't have took it!

Onwards and upwards... lets hope we can keep the unbeaten run going this weekend, and hopefully take the 3 points off Fulham.

We had chances to win this with two thunderous shots from Shelvey and a couple also from Ritchie and Murphy. The team were set up to allow Reading plenty of possession in harmless areas without ever getting behind our rigid defence. Hence they passed it around their own half a lot with no penetration accept for a flurry immediately after the restart and also clipping the bar with the last kick of the game. Colback was a key component in holding the midfield shape, he did his job well as did Dummet at the back and neither of them got booked surprisingly. Gamez was ok but their number 12 ran past him too easily towards the end of the 2nd half, although our set up meant there was usually cover on. The team are obviously very well organised and Rafa has them well drilled in keeping the other side at bay away from home. An excellent point from a place where most others will struggle.

Got offered a ticket last minute with some Reading supporting mates of mine so sat with their fans near the halfway line. My god, what an absolutely shockingly quiet atmosphere. My neighbours f*** louder than their entire stadium makes noise. Our boys were good as usual.

Was it me (and my s*** hearing) or did I hear our lot sing 'Gouffran's s**** m'lord, Gouffran's s****' a couple times? I swear I heard it directly after he did something s*** as well  :lol:

Their fans - Paul McShane my lord.

Thanks for clarifying :thup: slightly disappointed, though.  :lol:

Very good point on the back of 2 excellent away results. On the pre match thread I felt a lot of people on here were underestimating Reading a bit as they have a very good home record and are looking good for a play off place. Good that we're picking up draws in games like this as we'd probably have lost it 1-0 a few months ago.

What an awful place btw. Busiest roads I have ever witnessed near a football ground! Took me about an hour 15mins to get from the A33 turn off to the ground and I was still sat close to where I parked (few hundred metres down from the ground) at 2300. I could understand if there were 50,000 fans, I just didn't understand where all the traffic was coming from/going to.

Would've been perfect if you fancied a Pizza Hut, McDonald's, KFC or a pile of wood and paint from B&Q though as that's all that was there!

Guest neesy111

A 12 page match thread

Wew

There was nothing of note to talk about the game.  Boring game, both sides cancelled out each other.  Point in the bag.

What an awful place btw. Busiest roads I have ever witnessed near a football ground! Took me about an hour 15mins to get from the A33 turn off to the ground and I was still sat close to where I parked (few hundred metres down from the ground) at 2300. I could understand if there were 50,000 fans, I just didn't understand where all the traffic was coming from/going to.

Would've been perfect if you fancied a Pizza Hut, McDonald's, KFC or a pile of wood and paint from B&Q though as that's all that was there!

Same here. Absolute joke. These stadiums in the middle of nowhere where 90 percent come by car are a disgrace to society. 90 mile drive home for me but didn't get in until nearly 1am as it took so long to get away.

Guest taps01

Same here. Absolute joke. These stadiums in the middle of nowhere where 90 percent come by car are a disgrace to society. 90 mile drive home for me but didn't get in until nearly 1am as it took so long to get away.

Yep same here.  Seemed like quite a few fans were late to the game as well due to being stuck in traffic.  Joke!

Yep same here.  Seemed like quite a few fans were late to the game as well due to being stuck in traffic.  Joke!

We parked on an industrial estate opposite the McDonalds/Pizza Hut, just parked up on the side of the road because there was no double yellows. We were one of the last out of the ground due to sitting at the back but we were on the M4 within about 25 minutes.

I never use a carpark because you queue for hours to get out. Usually just google map the area around the stadium before the game and find a residential area/industrial estate to park on.

Worst away venue I've been to.

The bus service from rail station to ground and back was an absolute joke - 1000's queuing for 1 bus that turns up every 5-10 minutes. 

I hope we never have to play this tinpot club again.