Jump to content

Terrorist Attacks


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Kk bingo again.  Mentioned the Tories.

They are the current government, mate. And they have been in power for 29 years of the last 42.

So, if you have a way of talking about the current government without mentioning the fact that they're Tories, I'd love to hear it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

They are the current government, mate. And they have been in power for 29 years of the last 42.

So, if you have a way of talking about the current government without mentioning the fact that they're Tories, I'd love to hear it.

 

Maybe, just maybe, not everything that happens in the world has to do with the tories though? Just a thought. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it worth the fallout this will bring? International sanctions, increased attention on a dictatorship, potential to distabilise the Government further with more protests.

It's what I don't understand about the likes of this, the Khashoggi murder, the murder of Litvenenko, the murder of dissident bloggers in Thailand Etc. Surely it's more of a price to pay by taking them out in high profile circumstances than trying to nab them later down the line in more auspicious circumstances or leaving them to do whatever it is theyre doing.

The Khashoggi murder in particular, the fallout has been huge, surely more damaging that his criticism in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Was it worth the fallout this will bring? International sanctions, increased attention on a dictatorship, potential to distabilise the Government further with more protests.

It's what I don't understand about the likes of this, the Khashoggi murder, the murder of Litvenenko, the murder of dissident bloggers in Thailand Etc. Surely it's more of a price to pay by taking them out in high profile circumstances than trying to nab them later down the line in more auspicious circumstances or leaving them to do whatever it is theyre doing.

The Khashoggi murder in particular, the fallout has been huge, surely more damaging that his criticism in the first place.

Of course they know there'll be blow back, but it's du dissuade other dissidents more than stopping the one in question. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Maybe, just maybe, not everything that happens in the world has to do with the tories though? Just a thought. 

I was responding to a post from Hakka, where he mentioned the fact that the UK and US both have history in this kind of thing.

As our current government is Tory, then how else should I respond, Sherlock?

Eh?

Fuck me.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

I was responding to a post from Hakka, where he mentioned the fact that the UK and US both have history in this kind of thing.

As our current government is Tory, then how else should I respond, Sherlock?

Eh?

Fuck me.

 

Calm down man :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Was it worth the fallout this will bring? International sanctions, increased attention on a dictatorship, potential to distabilise the Government further with more protests.

It's what I don't understand about the likes of this, the Khashoggi murder, the murder of Litvenenko, the murder of dissident bloggers in Thailand Etc. Surely it's more of a price to pay by taking them out in high profile circumstances than trying to nab them later down the line in more auspicious circumstances or leaving them to do whatever it is theyre doing.

The Khashoggi murder in particular, the fallout has been huge, surely more damaging that his criticism in the first place.

Maybe I've missed something, but don't believe Belarus has killed them, just arrested what they claim is a known terrorist. The US grounded a plane in 2013 to hunt for Ed Snowden, who isn't a terrorist, with contradictory stories over why the plane had to land or couldn't have normal access to various EU countries airspace. Seems like US manipulation to ground a flight is fine and no sanctions, but Belarus do it and it's wrong. I mean both are wrong, just odd we punish Belarus for something the US can do if they see fit.

 

 

Edited by hakka

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, hakka said:

Maybe I've missed something, but don't believe Belarus has killed them, just arrested what they claim is a known terrorist. The US grounded a plane in 2013 to hunt for Ed Snowden, who isn't a terrorist, with contradictory stories over why the plane had to land or couldn't have normal access to various EU countries airspace. Seems like US manipulation to ground a flight is fine and no sanctions, but Belarus do it and it's wrong. I mean both are wrong, just odd we punish Belarus for something the US can do if they see fit.

US didn't fake a bomb threat or send fighter jets to that plane though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Calm down man :lol:

It's really unfair to all you guys that I do tend to 'go on' too much about this government.

Let's face it, they've done nothing to deserve all the criticism and have acted in an appropriate matter for years now, and I apologise to Nobody and Neesy, who are both seemingly offended by my criticism of the 'current administration'.

I humbly apologise.

Whispers *Don't mention the Tories*

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Nobody said:

US didn't fake a bomb threat or send fighter jets to that plane though. 

No, they blow up their terrorist targets with drone strikes and happy to take civilians out as collateral.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hakka said:

A friend of mine is living out of Minsk for most of last year. He said it's a major story over there, but did say for context that it's being reported as very one sided in our press. He says the person arrested is recognised as part of a terrorist organisation by the Belarus state, so from their point of view they snagged a known terrorist. Not to justify the actions in order to get their man, but we all know what the US and UK are capable of doing to get their suspected terrorist. Just look at the shit we've put Julian Assange through as well.

I think terrorist means something different to the dictator in Belarus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kingkerouac said:

Doesn't everyone on here, like.

I wasn't aware I was any different.

I mean yeah, they are absolute criminals and facilitating the complete decay of society. Keep it up!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hakka said:

No, they blow up their terrorist targets with drone strikes and happy to take civilians out as collateral.

Whataboutism at its finest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...