Persona 5 - PS4

Wullie

I'm going through a bit of a Japanese phase with my games. I've recently finished Nioh and Nier, have just bought Samurai Warriors 4 and Toukiden 2, so f*** it I may as well jump in with this too  :lol:

Currently 94 on Metacritic ................... "One of the best role-playing games ever made, Japanese or otherwise, and beyond that simply one of the most stylishly told interactive stories you’ll ever experience".  :laugh2:

Eurogamers opening paragraph is ridiculous :lol:

Real talk: if you've played Persona, if you've enjoyed JRPGs, if you even have a passing interest in Japanese media, there's absolutely no reason to read this frankly ponderous review. Persona 5 is everything you've wanted: style and substance distilled into an experience worth waging cultural wars for.

Eurogamers opening paragraph is ridiculous :lol:

Real talk: if you've played Persona, if you've enjoyed JRPGs, if you even have a passing interest in Japanese media, there's absolutely no reason to read this frankly ponderous review. Persona 5 is everything you've wanted: style and substance distilled into an experience worth waging cultural wars for.

f*** it, I'm ordering  :D

Persona 3 was amazing, 4 was apparently even better but I haven't had time to play it yet. Those were PS2 games so people have been waiting for this for a long time and seems like the hype has been worth it. Shin Megami Tensei games are just amazing for JRPG fans.

Greatly enjoying it so far.

Love the anime cutscenes, combat seems fun from what little i have played and i think i'll like it(considering i usually don't like turn based probably says how good it is) although a lot of is setting up the story and characters seemingly so far.

Haven't done a lot of management in terms of day to day with the school and other stuff yet but i think i'll enjoy it. Although the number one best thing about it? i put the disc in and it played straight away with no installation or patches. :megusta:

Explaining it is really hard :lol:

General thing is you are student so you have that day to day life of going to school etc but also there's this alternative reality where you fight "shadows" in dungeons using your Persona's which are kind of Pokemon esque even if the tone of it all is a lot more adult and dark.

Saying anymore about what you do would spoil it tbh, I think it's utterly fantastic despite the fact I don't usually like turn based RPGs or Japanese RPGs in general but I love this somehow.

Despite all that I feel like I have done a shit job of explaining it tbh :lol:

:lol: The streaming ban is absurd, I've no idea what kind of game it is.

that is so Japanese, Nintendo pull the same shit as well except they will allow you to post videos etc if you pay them for the privilege

At least 3 and 4 were like "dating sims" (build the level/affection with NPCs through everyday things) combined with very traditional JRPG dungeon crawling with the great Shin Megami Tensei battle system where you get extra turns for attacking the bad guys weaknesses. Then there's also the demon fusion where you fusion demons that you "collect" to get better and stronger ones. The story is very dark with multiple endings depending on your choices.

All that remains the case except the dating sim part, still building levels and effections between NPCs remain the case but I haven't come across any dating parts yet.(although maybe I'm just not far enough in)

Honestly it's fantastic though, I'd advise it to anyone who has any interest in Animes, Japanese culture, turn based JRPGS etc etc.

Hell I didn't like the turn based mechanic outside of Pokemon before and I love it.

This game :sweetjesus:

Atlus are such fucking mugs for not letting people stream it, it's a fantastic game and they are limiting people who might be on the edge from getting it.

I loved Horizon but i think i might like this more, it's definitely hit me harder because i don't remember ever liking an JRPG before. (unless Pokemon counts) :lol: