Newcastle United 4 - 1 Preston North End - 24/04/17 - Promotion party from pg33

Greg

Guest palnese

Really good second goal. That's about it.

Fragile at the back and the lack of movement is just plain silly. Stupid fucking diagonal passes all the time.

Started well and got the early goal. Despite a very clear warning about their ability on the break and our apparent lack of communication at the back they scored a good goal and the confidence completely drained from us and built them right up. I have doubts how well they can keep this workrate and concentration up though, and scoring a second like that right on half time is very welcome. I don't think we've been as bad as some, shock, horror. They've got a very tight shape and their gameplan was working a treat until they fucked up in the middle of the park there.

The next goal is absolutely vital to the match.

Love that 2nd goal, lovely weighted passes by Hayden and then by Mitro, great Finish. Beautiful.

We really don't enough of that like.

We don't do it more often because getting 3 on 2 against the defence doesn't happen very often

Think we've been the better team tbh, controlled the game for the most part, they look decent on the counter, but they've only had two real chances, admittedly we did go a bit flat for 10 minutes preceding the second, but we've done well. :)

Started well and got the early goal. Despite a very clear warning about their ability on the break and our apparent lack of communication at the back they scored a good goal and the confidence completely drained from us and built them right up. I have doubts how well they can keep this workrate and concentration up though, and scoring a second like that right on half time is very welcome. I don't think we've been as bad as some, shock, horror. They've got a very tight shape and their gameplan was working a treat until they f***ed up in the middle of the park there.

We've controlled it for the most part.

Expect the second half to be incredibly cautious/boring* for the most part, though.

*delete as applicable.

Please don't criticise the crowd...go to a game if you want to improve the atmosphere!

The 4000 mile round trip is a bit too far for me like.

Aye. And even if it was next door, that doesn't make the crowd immune to criticism.

Unlike us forum plebs, they play an important part in the game, and currently all they're doing is making everyone nervous. Grow a pair, crowd.

Please don't criticise the crowd...go to a game if you want to improve the atmosphere!

That's fine...just don't think people who pay and go should get stick from keyboard supporters.

Started well and got the early goal. Despite a very clear warning about their ability on the break and our apparent lack of communication at the back they scored a good goal and the confidence completely drained from us and built them right up. I have doubts how well they can keep this workrate and concentration up though, and scoring a second like that right on half time is very welcome. I don't think we've been as bad as some, shock, horror. They've got a very tight shape and their gameplan was working a treat until they fucked up in the middle of the park there.

Spot on :thup:

Guest palnese

Started well and got the early goal. Despite a very clear warning about their ability on the break and our apparent lack of communication at the back they scored a good goal and the confidence completely drained from us and built them right up. I have doubts how well they can keep this workrate and concentration up though, and scoring a second like that right on half time is very welcome. I don't think we've been as bad as some, shock, horror. They've got a very tight shape and their gameplan was working a treat until they f***ed up in the middle of the park there.

We've controlled it for the most part.

Expect the second half to be incredibly cautious/boring* for the most part, though.

*delete as applicable.

I don't think you control the game when the opponent look dangerous just about every time they break.

That's fine...just don't think people who pay and go should get stick from keyboard supporters.

:lol: keyboard supporters ffs