Newcastle United 4 - 1 Preston North End - 24/04/17 - Promotion party from pg33

Greg

Guest neesy111

Please don't criticise the crowd...go to a game if you want to improve the atmosphere!

The 4000 mile round trip is a bit too far for me like.

That's fine...just don't think people who pay and go should get stick from keyboard supporters.

So why are you on this forum then?

Guest chopey

Honestly don't think I've seen Preston put more than 4 passes together, we just have half a team of average players.

Please don't criticise the crowd...go to a game if you want to improve the atmosphere!

That's fine...just don't think people who pay and go should get stick from keyboard supporters.

That's fine and all but don't you think it's a bit of a waste to go and be completely quiet? Might as well not go at all tbh.

Anita getting absolutely rinsed none stop, would get Yedlin on to deal with the pace.

Lascelles determined to see us stay in the champo, he seems incapable of getting the basics right at the moment.

Ritchie best player by a mile, most things coming through him, Shelvey looks like hes already off on his holidays like he has for most of the season.

Mitro really good at everything bar attacking crosses into the box, link up play is very decent.

Perez none existent barring his deflected goal.

Overall, we've looked poor but its all about the win tonight.

Honestly don't think I've seen Preston put more than 4 passes together, we just have half a team of average players.

They had a decent spell of possession for a few minutes like. They're not a bad side.

They kept the ball for a good couple of minutes in the middle of the half.

Games like this would be so much easier if we had two full backs that actually carry a threat going forwards. Get Yedlin on.

New wing backs needed for prem, dummet needs putting on the next bonfire.

Danny Simpson proves this isn't the case.

Guest alijmitchell

They have like, before our goal they put about 30 passes together

Started well and got the early goal. Despite a very clear warning about their ability on the break and our apparent lack of communication at the back they scored a good goal and the confidence completely drained from us and built them right up. I have doubts how well they can keep this workrate and concentration up though, and scoring a second like that right on half time is very welcome. I don't think we've been as bad as some, shock, horror. They've got a very tight shape and their gameplan was working a treat until they f***ed up in the middle of the park there.

The next goal is absolutely vital to the match.

We've controlled it for the most part.

Expect the second half to be incredibly cautious/boring* for the most part, though.

*delete as applicable.

I don't think you control the game when the opponent look dangerous just about every time they break.

Nah, they haven't every time.

Wank half against a poor opposition.

Wish you'd fuck off with this relentless shite like.

:lol: :thup:

My ignore list has grown way too much this season. Never works as people just quote :lol:

:lol: Your match threads must be about 2 pages long

Nothing wrong with following the games on PC...just don't think people who don't pay to go should sit at home and criticise others who do.

I liked this from Mick McCarthy after the Ipswich match:

Q: It was a positive atmosphere today wasn’t it? That’s not always been the case.

A: “No, because we’ve been shit. I’m cool with saying that. It’s not been helped by a shit atmosphere as well though. It cuts both ways doesn’t it? It cuts both ways.

:lol:

Nothing wrong with following the games on PC...just don't think people who don't pay to go should sit at home and criticise others who do.

Why? What makes them immune? Please explain. Even when their behaviour is to the detriment of the side, we're supposed to not give a fuck cos they paid thirty quid?

Guest alijmitchell

The problem is that when you have ball so much you really need players who can concentrate the whole game, for the moments the oppo attack, which are direct, fast and right over the top. We don't have players that can maintain focus continuously at the back. Perhaps they're all just burned out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q: It was a positive atmosphere today wasn’t it? That’s not always been the case.

A: “No, because we’ve been shit. I’m cool with saying that. It’s not been helped by a shit atmosphere as well though. It cuts both ways doesn’t it? It cuts both ways.

http://i.imgur.com/Cth8TKX.jpg

:lol: He's right like.

I like Mick :lol: