Pre-Season 2018/19: Newcastle United 0 - 1 FC Augsburg (FT)

ponsaelius

How did Merino do, and what number did he play in?

Don't remember what number he had, but he came on at CB for Lejuene after the rest of the team had already been substituted after 80 minutes. Didn't really do anything, was probably not supposed to play, but was given a few minutes anyway.

A left back is needed too but we need to get rid of Lazaar first with Haidara looking like hes nearly on his way out

i feel like a few people on the forum forget regularly how much it hurts us not having a FB who can actually play football with a ball

as an opposition manager looking at our team now he'd probably be my first area of weakness to target when he has the ball, i.e. press him fast when it goes to him, and i'd be trying to cover the right side more in order to force us to play the ball through dummet as well because we're never, ever going to create anything from him at LB

A left back is needed too but we need to get rid of Lazaar first with Haidara looking like hes nearly on his way out

i feel like a few people on the forum forget regularly how much it hurts us not having a FB who can actually play football with a ball

as an opposition manager looking at our team now he'd probably be my first area of weakness to target when he has the ball, i.e. press him fast when it goes to him, and i'd be trying to cover the right side more in order to force us to play the ball through dummet as well because we're never, ever going to create anything from him at LB

It's not the forum you need to convince, it's Rafa. His focus is defensive shape and discipline first, the football comes after that. I don't think replacing Dummett is going to be his priority this summer.

It's not the forum you need to convince, it's Rafa. His focus is defensive shape and discipline first, the football comes after that. I don't think replacing Dummett is going to be his priority this summer.

you may well be right, i suspect he'll regret it however

Team prediction for tomorrow:

Rob

Jav  Florian Ciaran Paul

JJ        Mik

Matt        Siem        Rolo

Al

Al with a hat trick

Team prediction for tomorrow:

Rob

Jav  Florian Ciaran Paul

JJ        Mik