Far Cry 5

Hope it's better than Farcry Primal...

I liked Primal, maybe because I only played the 4th, before that and that one sucked!

I'm the complete opposite. Loved 3 and 4, hated Primal :lol:

The problem I have with FarCry is that it always feels very bland. They have this massive open world but I never really feel like I'm connecting with it in a way that makes me want to explore the world. Everything from the radio towers to the guard outposts feel a little repetitive and after doing a handful start to become more of a chore than anything. When I climb a radio tower, generally it shows me a handful of areas nearby that I can't really interact with and are just there for aesthetic appeal or because they hide yet another collectible item.

For this game to succeed there needs to be a significant design change since FarCry3. They've tried to sell us reskinned versions of that game three times now. I'm expecting little though as UbiSoft have their open world formula and I can't see them deviating from it.

I watched the trailer and for me there wasn't anything in it. Lots of cutscenes and the same nonsense about some crazy fella taking over a bit land. It sounds like same game as FarCry 3 and FarCry 4 to me. No gameplay footage to suggest that it isn't just another reskin.

Would love to know what people are seeing that I'm missing? Is it the coop mode?

Can't get onboard with the premise. 

Just call the cops?

apparently you are the cops or a deputy sheriff anyway though surely you could call for backup and or the national guard if some loony is taking over a bit of the usa

Can't get onboard with the premise. 

Just call the cops?

apparently you are the cops or a deputy sheriff anyway though surely you could call for backup and or the national guard if some loony is taking over a bit of the usa

It gets worse :lol:

Probably have some really creative way to make it so that won't be possible.  Still fucking stupid, like nobody in the vicinity of all this wouldn't notice continual machine gun fire, explosions and all sorts of other shit going down :lol:

• 3 weeks later...