Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

Yeah, still holding my position here. Colo's first season he was shit, we got relegated. He dominated the Champo and came back and had 2 great seasons for us and then really fell off. Yes he played for shit managers and had generally shit partners. At his best he was a solid, classy CB who would take the piss out of people with some of his interceptions, he was silky smooth on the ball.

Lejeune was hurt by Kane in his first match for us, came back from injury and looked terrible getting used to english football next to Ciaran Clark and then struck up a partnership with Lascelles and turned it all around where we looked extremely solid in a back 4. He's now even looked better in a back 3 where he's creating more from deep, starting attacks, capable of handling physical aerial battles, etc.

Yeah, still holding my position here. Colo's first season he was shit, we got relegated. He dominated the Champo and came back and had 2 great seasons for us and then really fell off. Yes he played for shit managers and had generally shit partners. At his best he was a solid, classy CB who would take the piss out of people with some of his interceptions, he was silky smooth on the ball.

Lejeune was hurt by Kane in his first match for us, came back from injury and looked terrible getting used to english football next to Ciaran Clark and then struck up a partnership with Lascelles and turned it all around where we looked extremely solid in a back 4. He's now even looked better in a back 3 where he's creating more from deep, starting attacks, capable of handling physical aerial battles, etc.

Wasn't his first game back the win against Man U? Have I misremembered?

Wasn't his first game back the win against Man U? Have I misremembered?

Two different injuries. He wasn't out August till January.

Kane should have been off for that challenge; it was intentionally excessive. Lejeune had looked very impressive up to that point and it took him a long long time to recover from it.

Kane's a cunt like. Gets away with all sorts. At it again in the Chelsea game, knowing he can get away with owt he likes, fucking gammon berk.

Guest firetotheworks

Coloccini wasn't shit in his first season like, he was adapting and had the worst Newcastle midfield I've ever seen trying to protect the defence.

Coloccini wasn't shit in his first season like, he was adapting and had the worst Newcastle midfield I've ever seen trying to protect the defence.

Likewise Enrique. Convenient paid for foreign imports.

Neither did Colo. 2 seasons he was top quality, you can already say that about Lejeune.

Lejeune hasn't even played 1 full season worth of appearances for us so I'm not sure how you can say that

He's been here going on two years, and has barely put a foot wrong. All I was saying is that the conversation would be different, if Colo had maintained a standard that was worthy of comparison. The fact he didn't and is still our goto comparison says it all, though.

Tbf Lejeune was really shaky last season until Lascelles came back from injury

He was. He took a while to get fully match fit imho. I was in the away end at Southampton last season and we'd been superb, played them off the park, and even after they nicked one back, it was his foul which let them get a very very lucky draw.

If he was fully fit, he'd never have been caught like that.

He's been superb for the most part and his distribution is out of the top drawer. Love it when he gets the old 7 iron out of his bag and sticks on at Yedlin's feet from 80 yards away.

His lateness in the tackle cost us tonight just as it did at Southampton last season.

Shame as he's been great lately but he does look less than sharp in some games. A bit tardy at times.

• 5 weeks later...

I’m a big fan of his generally but he has games sometimes (like tonight) where he just looks heavy/leggy and cumbersome.

Edit - just realised I made the last post in a similar tone. Not a witchhunt but a recurring observation.

I’m a big fan of his generally but he has games sometimes (like tonight) where he just looks heavy/leggy and cumbersome.

Edit - just realised I made the last post in a similar tone. Not a witchhunt but a recurring observation.

Fully agree. Was the same when he first came back in the team.

How serious is it if it's the same knee? Like how many times can you do this before you have to stop? I read after he did it first time it's 6 times more likely to happen again after reconstruction.  Now it has.. surely the likelihood increases again?

Was his other leg, actually.  Old pic from his first surgery shows it was his right leg

e9rfaIS.png

Now he has 2 knackered knees

Actually better than if it had been the same one