Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

Not suggesting he deserves an over the top heroes welcome or anything but particularly seeing as it's a friendly I hope he gets some warm applause on his return. A good player who was let down and hung out to dry by a former centre half who wouldn't know what a proper ball-playing defender was if one bit him on his enormous nose.

Liked Lejeune a lot and I think he might've gone down as one of our very best in the PL were it not for two critical issues; the injuries and the absolutely staggering mismanagement by Bruce. In the end he never got going for us. Really pleased for him that he's played lots of football since leaving us, and this most recent move especially looks like a really positive one. 

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Hope he gets a nice reception. Bruce is a cunt. Just remember him throwing him under the bus one game over the Christmas period one year when he'd not played for ages.

Was sure he played three games in a week :lol: 

30 minutes ago, Pata said:

What was the reception like? Hope no cunt booed him.

Really good reception. Used to be an ongoing joke where we gave former players a really good reception and then boo him the first time they touch the ball which always provided a chuckle and it was brough back today

First time I remember us doing it was when Les Ferdinand played against us for Leicester