Official: Florian Lejeune joins Deportivo Alavés on permanent deal

It makes me laugh to think Kinnear was fired for getting 5m less than Ashley expected for Cabaye, and yet Bruce turns a 10m player into one essentially driven from the club for coppers...

7 hours ago, Raconteur said:

It makes me laugh to think Kinnear was fired for getting 5m less than Ashley expected for Cabaye, and yet Bruce turns a 10m player into one essentially driven from the club for coppers...

Difference is that Ashley simply does not give a flying f**k what comes in to the club now, as long as he's not having to strip down his wallpaper to invest

Year left, couple of big injuries and hasn't had a good game in a B&W shirt for years. I can see why he's moved on. It's probably more down to him wanting to go than anything else. He's found somewhere more suited to him after the injuries and doesn't have to put up with Bruce.

Good luck to him.

As good as he was for us, and I don't doubt he could still play a role for us now based on his past performances for us, the fact he's joining Alaves permanently as his next club speaks more to his true calibre and how poor we are defensively that he looked that good in B&W.

Agree like, if he was still in the back line "John Shelf" wouldn't be sitting four yards in front of it doing the same/worse distribution job as he could.

He got absolutely hacked down by England’s Harry Kane in one of his first games with us and missed months. It’s fair to say he never had a great run in the side, but when he did play a few he looked the part. Not the fastest but his reading of the game made up for it.

He looked dodgy after the major injury but that is hardly surprising given the layoff. He clearly had class and good vision. Certainly no less of a liability than Clark or to be fair any of our backline that all have their brainfart moments. Literally zero need to get rid of him other than the fact he isn't a Brucee grafting acolyte. 

• Disco changed the title to Official: Florian Lejeune joins Deportivo Alavés on permanent deal

I can’t quite get my head around how this obvious mistake has happened. 

So much for him going out on loan to gain match fitness then. Not that we expected anything else. 

He and Lascelles were sensational together when we finished 10th. Remember that awesome assist to Ayoze when we beat Chelsea at home. 

One of my favorites - classy ball playing CB, who had it all. I hope he enjoys living in Spain away from this shit show.