UK Politics: The Johnson Decades

We still have the debt from previous years though. Only those who haven't started yet will get the full benefit. All of that age group, excl gap years and resits etc, will have some level of debt.

21-24 most students will have graduated. 22-24 if incl masters and longer courses.

So what? I knew I signed up for when I went. I'm not going to puss and moan if things are improved for my sons/daughters/nieces and nephews.

I don't follow. My point isn't "make others pay because I did"

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, I don't think they're particularly helpful at best, and activily harmful at worst. Unless the intention is to just pander to his existing support, but get everybody else's back up.

FFS, who cares? He never said it, we shouldn't even be talking about it.

haha welcome to the age of trump, doesn't matter...get enough people talking about something everything else is irrelevant

Including the nonsense spouted by Corbyn and McDonnell re. Grenfell.

Aye, I don't think they're particularly helpful at best, and activily harmful at worst. Unless the intention is to just pander to his existing support, but get everybody else's back up.

It seemed to me that the intention was to make people think, before getting their backs up.

FFS, who cares? He never said it, we shouldn't even be talking about it.

haha welcome to the age of trump, doesn't matter...get enough people talking about something everything else is irrelevant

Including the nonsense spouted by Corbyn and McDonnell re. Grenfell.

you're correct to some degree though i don't think the examples deserve comparison

Nah, it's not the same. What McDonnell said was his opinion, which you can agree or disagree with. I don't agree FWIW. Corbyn is being criticised for something he never said at all.

He did say it, though. Talking about Grenfell, not the student loans stuff.

Nah, it's not the same. What McDonnell said was his opinion, which you can agree or disagree with. I don't agree FWIW. Corbyn is being criticised for something he never said at all.

Corbyn said what about Grenfell?

I assume Ronaldo is on about repossessing the empty homes in the area for those affected.

I assume Ronaldo is on about repossessing the empty homes in the area for those affected.

Temporarily repurposing if needed rather than repossessing surely?

Doubt the council would have ever taken that route and that was kind of the point he was making ( and highlighting the absurd quantity of uninhabited investment homes in London is rarely a bad thing), though in this case I can understand some people found it somewhat 'political'.

Ron, the only people seemingly concerned about that are you and a handful of tabloid 'journalists'.

Good company...