UK Politics: The Johnson Decades

BlufPurdi

well, she's f***ing skewered him there

Aye, proper whammy of a response. What on earth is Tom Watson thinking? He's undermining Jeremy and the whole party of late.

what's his way out of this one, hard to see from here unless he just totally ignores it and hopes it goes away otherwise he's going to have to hold his hands up for being a c***

Forcing him out would probably be more trouble than its worth. Im hoping he fucks off to TIG, or has change of heart snd starts backing the party properly.

not suggesting they force him out but you feel he needs to respond to that, hard to see what it could be really

Fingers in ears.  Not a single reference to the points on data protection, also just making up new roles for his position as DL.  I'd personally like him to explain what's not good enough about the Falconer route.  He can't do that of course, because he'd have to admit he's trying to raise his profile.

In an independent investigation, he can't possibly be kicked out because they'll have to review everything he said and not just the 7 second snippet that's been amplified.  So they'll find that he did and does condemn antisemitism. 

If he is kicked out, there'll be no by-election anyway unless he chose to resign the seat. 

I'd prefer it if he was kicked out to be perfectly honest, from a biased point of view which I happily admit.  It would be unjustified, but I know he'll cause more problems.  I've known he's going to be trouble since before he was re-elected.  He has no filter at all.  Which some people love, but I don't.

it's starting to irritate me disproportionately now how shit and unprofessional a lot of these people are getting paid on the public purse backed by a party with a mass membership raking in cash all over the fucking place - i mean that in the sense that such behaviour would not be tolerated in any other walk of life rather than as a member of the taxpayers alliance

Aye, proper whammy of a response. What on earth is Tom Watson thinking? He's undermining Jeremy and the whole party of late.

what's his way out of this one, hard to see from here unless he just totally ignores it and hopes it goes away otherwise he's going to have to hold his hands up for being a c***

Forcing him out would probably be more trouble than its worth. Im hoping he fucks off to TIG, or has change of heart snd starts backing the party properly.

not suggesting they force him out but you feel he needs to respond to that, hard to see what it could be really

Fingers in ears.  Not a single reference to the points on data protection, also just making up new roles for his position as DL.  I'd personally like him to explain what's not good enough about the Falconer route.  He can't do that of course, because he'd have to admit he's trying to raise his profile.

Agree - just more and more feels Watson is on a sabotage mission. He should be looking to promote the work being done and explain how due process must be fair and not rushed.

I do wish Labour would to do something more PR focused to address AS. It feels like they don't want to look like they are putting too much in to it, as that looks like an admission of a big problem that's not there. Not sure how long they can hold out doing that, when they do take more action it will look like too little too late. They could do mail out to members to educate on it, raise awareness or simply invest in more resources to get through the process quicker. Hopefully the results can be used to promote how a lot of it isn't Labour members and for what is, it's been dealt with. The size of it needs to be addressed too. Sick of hearing the party being swamped with AS when it's clearly tiny amount.

What's more interesting is that the actual anti-semetic incidents are never a part of the discourse. All the media ever say is that there's anti-semitism and that's it. Even the Labour Party don't address any incidents. They just repeat that they're trying to stamp out anti-semitism. They've allowed the narrative to become what it is. It's hard to look like you're doing something to combat anti-semitism when the accusations are so broad and vague.

Don't want to go into the AS etc.  But it's time that all the factions inside Labour just put aside their differences and accept some compromises and work together to fucking get back into power as imo they will not come close to winning an election anytime soon.

Agree - just more and more feels Watson is on a sabotage mission. He should be looking to promote the work being done and explain how due process must be fair and not rushed.

I do wish Labour would to do something more PR focused to address AS. It feels like they don't want to look like they are putting too much in to it, as that looks like an admission of a big problem that's not there. Not sure how long they can hold out doing that, when they do take more action it will look like too little too late. They could do mail out to members to educate on it, raise awareness or simply invest in more resources to get through the process quicker. Hopefully the results can be used to promote how a lot of it isn't Labour members and for what is, it's been dealt with. The size of it needs to be addressed too. Sick of hearing the party being swamped with AS when it's clearly tiny amount.

Seems to be Momentum doing the best stuff to tackle.  Which is ironic, because people claim they're ones perpetuating it despite the massive amounts of shit Lansmann gets. 

This was good.  The Rothschilds stuff is particularly braindead because no-one 'owns' central banks, never mind all of them in the world.  Still people on here that believe that tosh.

What's more interesting is that the actual anti-semetic incidents are never a part of the discourse. All the media ever say is that there's anti-semitism and that's it. Even the Labour Party don't address any incidents. They just repeat that they're trying to stamp out anti-semitism. They've allowed the narrative to become what it is. It's hard to look like you're doing something to combat anti-semitism when the accusations are so broad and vague.

A lot of truth to this.  Also a lot of rather weak but technically AS comments are being lumped in the virulent hateful AS that exists.  This doesn't help anything, because when the stats come out, people start wondering "why are people getting away with it?"  Well, because if it's deemed that there was no intent to be AS then they're given a chance to be educate themselves, withdraw comments, apologise. 

Neesy, you're bang on.  That's why the right of the party must accept that they've been playing games that aren't in the best interest in the party.  I know many on the left are not going to budge until that happens.  The Right's collective pious act is causing a lot of damage.  Driving the Left more defensive, whilst they act like they've never made a single wrong move.  The Left have finally been forced to confront their bigotry problems, the right could do with a little self-reflection also.

Well China owns the most bonds in the world, from what I've read, so not sure where you're getting your "certainly somebody with a lot of wealth" as if it's some tiny group of people keeping the world economy a float.  Governments buy bonds, banks buy bonds, central banks buy bonds, indeed some extremely wealthy people buy bonds, hedge funds buy bonds, insurance companies buy bonds, but that has nothing to do with a century old conspiracy theory that Rothschilds own central banks. 

There is no basis to the conspiracy, why reach for one.

Well China owns the most bonds in the world, from what I've read, so not sure where you're getting your "certainly somebody with a lot of wealth" as if it's some tiny group of people keeping the world economy a float.  Governments buy bonds, banks buy bonds, central banks buy bonds, indeed some extremely wealthy people buy bonds, hedge funds buy bonds, insurance companies buy bonds, but that has nothing to do with a century old conspiracy theory that Rothschilds own central banks. 

There is no basis to the conspiracy, why reach for one.

I'm not reaching for anything at all. I believe I clearly stated that. You're the only person who ever mentions Rothschild.

Also, I don't consider 7,000,000 to be a tiny group.

The "but" doesn't help your clear statement.  Enjoyable as ever.

Two seperate sentences.

Oh no two buts. Still need you to want me to think that though.

Actually "but it's certainly" is definitely leading. But in my defence I had intended to say I'm certainly not suggesting it is Rothschild. But for some reason I changed my mind.

Nobody owns central banks, but they own a shitload of bonds, issued by those banks. I don't know who they are and I'm not claiming it is a Rothschild but it is certainly somebody with a lot of wealth.

Maybe I'm misreading your point, central banks own a lot of bonds for sure. But they don't issue bonds as such, they issue currency.

Apparently he describes him as 'vicious' after that, too.  At the end I'm pretty sure he suggest Lee shouldn't shout. :lol:

This is what I mean, they can't handle the anger that many people have, justifiably through their lives drifting into shit, so they turn it into bullying.  Of course there's people that overstep the line, but is that it, above?  Jesus fucking Christ. 

Problem is Labour for a long time never had this anger as much in the membership, but they were content to take their votes. Labour members, Labour people that weren't members, have always been angry, erratic people, because they're generally the disadvantaged.  Now they're members, well, oh my, MPs are all "I've never experienced such animosity in my life!", no shit dickheads, because they were disenfranchised for decades, having to vote for your party, because as your failed hero Kinnock said, "they've nowhere else to go". 

It's not great, don't get me wrong.  I sincerely wish they could be less vociferous, but perhaps stop treating them like school children and accept some blame for the place the party is in right now.  There was a brief period of mea culpa after the general election, but that disappeared once the dust settled and old agendas were accelerated once they realised it's a bloody chance Corbyn's Labour wasn't the massive turnoff they incorrectly assumed and told us that they were.  All these members see if a bunch of disconnected MPs refusing to budge.  They've now got the AS bit between their teeth, and have just erased the rest of history.  It's a tragic shame. 

It always astonishes me just how a personal opinion about someone colours absolutely the view of what comes out of their gobs. It would be utterly impossible for me to frame that interview in the same way as you. :lol:

A snake can only slither.