UK Politics: The Johnson Decades

BlufPurdi

Comment in the video saying how the guy in the video can't argue his point so resorts to violence, all the replies are people saying "Just like antifa" "sounds like the left to me". Those on the right who hold view similar to his simply cannot see things right in front of their face.

Comment in the video saying how the guy in the video can't argue his point so resorts to violence, all the replies are people saying "Just like antifa" "sounds like the left to me". Those on the right who hold view similar to his simply cannot see things right in front of their face.

But surely they're aware that Antifa were started to counter the violence from the right?

It's either ignorance or madness.

No Bluf, it's because the left are obsessed with Israel. :lol:

Yeah, it was only Brits that created the whole mess, be stupid and definitely unreasonable for future generations to actually care about that, obviously.

But surely they're aware that Antifa were started to counter the violence from the right?

They don't, they dont understand that if all the alt right fuckers crawl back under their rocks the people in antifa will go back to their lives. They have this narative that antifa are all thugs that are really the problem and the right is just rising to fight them. Its fucked up.

They don't, they dont understand that if all the alt right fuckers crawl back under their rocks the people in antifa will go back to their lives. They have this narative that antifa are all thugs that are really the problem and the right is just rising to fight them. Its fucked up.

It's almost as if everyone sees themselves as the hero of their own story.

Don't agree with some of the criticism she gets like, but I see Jess Phillips is Labour's new Saviour of the Week.  What's that all about?  Did Tom fail already?  I have other theories, but we'll see.  Slabbering article about her in the Indy, based pretty much on the other article with her in The Times.  Seemed to describe a Jess Phillips I've never ever seen or heard. 

Described as the UK's answer to AOC. :iamatwat:

It's almost as if everyone sees themselves as the hero of their own story.

Except there is NO moral equivalence between what the far-right are told/believe and what Antifa are protecting us from. None.

Jess Phillips comes across as a bit thick to me at times. Last week on This Week they were talking about HS2 and whether it will really help the north, her contribution was basically “i’m from Birmingham so as long as it comes to us I don’t care”. £50bn+ project and that’s all you have to say. She’s similar when it comes to the EU, she doesn’t know much about the subject and isn’t really bothered.

Guest firetotheworks

She's easily the politician I dislike the most on the left, like. Self-obsessed gobshite with low intelligence who seems to think she's the voice of the oppressed because she's got an accent and downs pints.

Jess Phillips comes across as a bit thick to me at times. Last week on This Week they were talking about HS2 and whether it will really help the north, her contribution was basically “i’m from Birmingham so as long as it comes to us I don’t care”. £50bn+ project and that’s all you have to say. She’s similar when it comes to the EU, she doesn’t know much about the subject and isn’t really bothered.

She's thick as pigshit. Comes across, in real life, as a facebook post.

Oh for god sake, man.  In the same day they've touted her, there are articles blowing smoke up the arse of Corbyn (maybe not the same day).  Stop with these ridiculous connections that crumble to pieces the second anyone checks the veracity of it.  All it does it make anything genuinely insightful you have to say seem less so because we're comparing against this constant nonsense. 

Overall, The Indy has been extremely fair and balanced when it comes to Corbyn, in stark contrast to the liberal vanguard that is The Guardian. 

I actually don't totally hate Jess Phillips.  She's dangerous as fuck though, I don't think I've seen one single other MP mention so many times in the last few years that they think they'd make a good PM.  Quite literally obsessed with herself.  I'd argue even that her outburst in Parliament last week, whilst emotionally heartfelt, said more about her than what she wanted to say.  She can't handle the job at all and looks on the verge of a breakdown, constantly. 

She doesn't understand the emotions of people she so frequently writes off (although she's not alone in that within the PLP), she actually doesn't understand anything about economics or even the EU, and she isn't even aware of Labour and the Left's wider history.  She'd never even heard of Antifa till about a year ago.  A dangerous idiot, who could be of use if brought in and made to feel part of things.  That's the main problem.  She's everything a Corbyn supporter generally likes in an MP, just doesn't support Corbyn.