Last game you completed and rating

Posted (edited)

It tells a good story, I agree with that. Liked the story and the characters more than Mafia 2. I haven't played Mafia 3.

Ran into a glitch in sniping the politician was dead and bleeding all over the floor... while the game told me that he was getting away causing me to fail. [emoji38]

Fortunately the reload put me after I had killed him anyway.

Edited by Nattfare
Regarding Mafia DE

Ah it was super glitchy in places like. That level you mentioned where you're defending the truck from police cars - the big one at the end kept driving, like, 'through' truck and in effect through me. That was probably the worst one I encountered. But yeah, good stuff. Will probably have a bash at 2 again now, though I can remember it ending on a cliffhanger which was never resolved! 

• 4 weeks later...

Mass Effect Legendary Edition. For me it completely shows that the massive open world direction BioWare took with Inquisition and Andromeda wasn't needed. Go back to making your games more about the characters, and not the massive empty areas, these 3 still hold up. 

1 and 2 a bit clunky in gameplay, but 3 plays really well and all of them look gorgeous now imo. I'm in for another Mass Effect game. 

Edit: 9/10

Edited by xLiaaamx

Dragon's Dogma.

Gameplay: 8/10

For a console port, this worked surprisingly well with keyboard and mouse. What's up with the needless amounts of menu hopping though? Very counter-intuitive.

Two different menus for your inventory for example.

Story, characters, writing, ending: 3/10

The story wasn't really there for the majority of the game, but then it just went into full on weird when something happened.

Nier Replicant 9/10

Nier Automata 9/10

great action rpgs, delving deeper and deeper each "playthrough" (game has deeper story and new endings each playthrough).

• 2 weeks later...

Dishonored 2

Mostly this felt like a repetition of the first game. Same type of plot and instead of a rat plague we now have a blood fly scourge looming.

The formula for the missions is the same. Reach the room with the assassination target and take them out in either the lethal or non-lethal way.

The gameplay itself though is just as fun as the first game. I just found the level design to be somewhat more lacking.
Apart from Jindosh's and Stilton's manors the levels weren't very memorable to me. They felt a bit too straightforward most of the time.

7,5/10 - A solid and fun game, that just didn't feel as inspired as the first.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting a double special with extra sci-fi

Prey (2017)

The beginning of this game got me really hooked, but a lot of it started to fall a bit flat a little bit after that. Especially with the constant backtracking to all the places of the station while having to fight the same boring enemies over and over again.

The same enemy respawning at the same spot every time was the weakest part of the game to me. Trying to keep track of all the side objectives also became a bit of a chore and I ended up not bothering finishing some of them half-way through the game.

The gameplay itself is quite solid and getting different options on how you wanted to build Morgan was nice.

Despite me being more whiny than positive with the game I think I would still give it 7/10

Dark Sector

This game from 2008 is so obscure that Discord was insisting on that I was playing DEATH STRANDING every time I booted it up. [emoji38]

The game would probably only be of any interest to you if you have played and liked Warframe before. There are plenty of concepts in DS that later also showed up in Warframe in one way or another.

Warframe today is closer to what Digital Extremes wanted Dark Sector to be, while Dark Sector is what the publishers allowed them to make.

Otherwise DS isn't a very remarkable third person cover based shooter. It has a couple of gimmicks like special powers you can employ and a throwing weapon that goes along with your pistol.

The glaive (it's weird how they name a thrown weapon after a pole weapon) can be thrown at different elements to give it a damage boost next time you throw it. It can also be controlled once it is in flight, which you need to do on some puzzles. 

All the puzzles pretty much need the glaive to solve them, which makes them predictable.

The story is also really poor and feels unfinished. Like they wanted to do more with it, but couldn't because of the restrictions from the publisher.

For me, who thought it was interesting to see where the ideas for Warframe comes from, it is a 7/10, but for everyone else it would probably be a 5/10 at best.

Just finished Ganon off on BOTW.

I don't really know what I made of this. I felt it was missing a certain Zelda magic, and *think* I didn't enjoy it as much as Skyword Sword which I just played a year ago. The lack of dungeons, lack of beautiful music - and the whole shrine slogging thing. On the one hand the massive game was very impressive and beautiful in a lot of ways, it was great making some discoveries. But also I sometimes felt wandering around looking for shrines and collecting supplies gave me the kind of feeling I get when aimlessly scrolling through twitter on the internet - I sort of enjoy it at times but it feels aimless and a bit like wasting time. This was compounded a bit by Ganon being pretty easy meaning a barely used a tiny fraction of everything I'd collected. The concept of the Divine Beasts were cool, but don't think their puzzles compared to dungeons. Overall I understand why people love it, but I prefer the old, more linear formula. I enjoyed it but not as much as I expected, or as much as probably any other console Zelda.

Mass Effect Legendary 9/10 - Biased as i am, still it's a fantastic play through of all 3 games, brilliant trilogy.

Deliver Us The Moon 8/10 - Great little walking simulator, well space simulator with a good story, love games like this.

4 hours ago, Bimpy474 said:

Mass Effect Legendary 9/10 - Biased as i am, still it's a fantastic play through of all 3 games, brilliant trilogy.

Deliver Us The Moon 8/10 - Great little walking simulator, well space simulator with a good story, love games like this.

Absolutely loved Deliver us the Moon.

19 hours ago, ElDiablo said:

Absolutely loved Deliver us the Moon.

Aye, it's a cracking little game, not sure you can call it a game but it's got a great story really well told.

Cheating since its only the Early Access portion but Baldur's Gate 3.

Played the launch release and the latest patch, no idea what the patches in between were like but the new one feels very smooth and makes it much more clear when you have an ability that might actually help this roll compared to before. Much more enjoyable now, found myself wanting to do all the content. 8/10

I just completed Mario 64 for the first time. Completed in the cool 'beat Bowser' sense, not the nerd 'got every star' sense. I'd played the game before - a bit on someone else's N64, on the DS - but this is the first time I've played it through (played on the Switch). It's still fucking fantastic and so glad I played it. There are a few camera and control issues but otherwise it's still totally worth playing 26 years later.

Crysis 2

Not sure how much there is to say about this one really. It is a shooter, you shoot stuff.

Just like the first game you have a super suit that makes you think that you are more powerful than you actually are. Which caused me to use cloak more than I would use armour.

Otherwise the game isn't really bad, just unremarkable. I can't think back to any section of the game that was really awesome.

5/10

Final Fantasy VI

Played the original SNES version (titled FFIII) on my SNES Classic.

Still holds up. Misses a lot of QoL things we might expect nowadays but you can forgive it for its age. And it still has a lot of uniqueness from the setting, the massive mostly well fleshed out character roster, the fact that half way through it changes from linear to open world.

A true masterpiece that still stands the test of time and justifiably tops a lot of best FF polls.

10/10