Last game you completed + rating

Yorkie

Searched for something similar on the board but couldn't find anything...

Just a place to write about the last game you completed and what you rated it /10 in as much or as little detail as you'd like.

Okay I'll start.

Abzu

A deeply calming experience, with spectacular artistry and sound, but is ultimately somewhat unsatisfying. While it tries to emulate Journey in its look and feel, it’s missing the cohesion that made that game special. The puzzles here verge on the pointless and the setting feels paradoxically restrictive. It’s a game that only takes around 2-3 hours to complete with no real replayability, so it’s not an experience you’ll be spending much time in.

There’s a decent game here for fans of this type of thing, just don’t expect a classic.

6/10

Guest Open_C

Horizon Zero Dawn, an easy 9/10 and one of the best games I've played for many a long year. Nothing original or groundbreaking in there, but the individual parts that have been lifted from other games have been polished until they sparkle and all in all it adds up to way more than the sum of its parts. Excellent :thup:

Oh that's a good idea, I'll definitely be using it when I start on Yakuza 0.

Last game I completed was Persona 5 but I talked enough about that in the thread already.

Aye but given I haven't played Persona 5, I don't want to trawl through that thread. Get re-posting.

Also, I assume TheInfiniteOdyssey will be tabulating all of these scores and creating a metacritic-esque NOcritic score. Until the end of time.

So far, if my calculations are correct:

Abzu 6/10 NOcritic score

Doom 8/10 NOcritic score

Horizon 9/10 NOcritic score

Horizon Zero Dawn, an easy 9/10 and one of the best games I've played for many a long year. Nothing original or groundbreaking in there, but the individual parts that have been lifted from other games have been polished until they sparkle and all in all it adds up to way more than the sum of its parts. Excellent :thup:

Never looked appealing from the footage I've seen but since we've got a similar taste in games maybe I should give it a chance :)

Haven't got anything to contribute to the thread, been a looooong time since I've completed a game :lol:

Uncharted 4. 8/10.

Obviously great acting and I enjoyed the story (which I like in games). Some amazing bits to the game. The car chase in particular was unbelievably good. Overall felt there was a little too much of the slow walking bits and not enough gun fighting. Better than Uncharted 1 & 3 but not 2.

Dark Souls 2: SOTFS - 7.5/10. Decent but not as good as Dark 1/Demons, as if that needed saying. Finished the main game but fucked off the DLC and its incredibly high difficulty level for magic users.

Mass Effect: Andromeda 6.5/10.

Still maintain most of the internet response was overreaction, but its bugs and flaws are just too numerous to get past, and the story was alright but not anything really outstanding.

Mass Effect: Andromeda 6.5/10.

Still maintain most of the internet response was overreaction, but its bugs and flaws are just too numerous to get past, and the story was alright but not anything really outstanding.

Dunno, most of the reaction to it seems to fall in line with what you are saying tbh.

A 6 to 7 out of 10 is what most people seem to think it was.

Never looked appealing from the footage I've seen but since we've got a similar taste in games maybe I should give it a chance :)

Haven't got anything to contribute to the thread, been a looooong time since I've completed a game :lol:

:lol: Horizon is fucking legit.

Persona 5 - 9/10. Absolutely fucking fantastic. Didn't think I could enjoy a game that much anymore. Easily GOTY so far, imo.

:lol:  You've undersold it.  Persona 5 is an easy 10/10.

Soma (PC) 9/10

Absolutely loved it. Unnerving, thought-provoking, beautiful. It starts off with your character having some experimental treatment for an otherwise incurable brain injury. And then you wake up from the op...

Best game I've played for years. I normally get bored and don't finish things (haven't even finished Witcher 3 yet) but this one had me hooked from start to finish.

Persona 5 - 9/10. Absolutely f***ing fantastic. Didn't think I could enjoy a game that much anymore. Easily GOTY so far, imo.

But it has Pokemon fighting right

You'll hate it.

I haven't played it for 2 months now and have no urge to return. I mean, I want to like it... but that chat. That stupid annoying cat. If it had been a dog telling me to go to sleep fair enough, but it had to be a cat. I swear that the cat is the legit bad guy in Persona 5.

--

The last 5 games I finished were:

http://i.imgur.com/D1phKIO.png

Let this be a stark insight to anyone thinking about having kids and trying to play computer games still.  :lol:

Dragon Warrior - 7/10. It's still a pretty good RPG even if it is well over 20 years old and very basic, but it's a classic NES game and set the way for many more Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest games to come.

Witcher 3 - 9/10. Amazing. I still need to play all the DLC, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm not giving it a 10/10 simply because the combat is a bit spud like. Great game though. Has boobs and dongs.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 6/10. No idea what the hell was going on, but it had one of the genuinely better protagonists in a Final Fantasy game for a long, long time. Some pretty fun monster collecting and training elements too, I enjoyed that more than the actual main game.

COD: AW - 7/10. It is what it is, a good action movie packaged as a computer game. I managed to finish it in a day too, which is always a bonus!

Final Fantasy XV - 8/10. When the PS4 didn't sound like it was going to suddenly implode on itself and reemerge in an alternative dimension, it was nice to final notice just how nice everything looked. Soundtrack was pretty decent too. The characters were a bit lame compared to what I'd hope they would be. The story is mangled to bits too, yet it was fun to play. New Game+ is decent since you can just spend your time hunting monsters and fighting in arena things.

For those interested here's a list of games I've managed to finish since my lad was born in Jan 2016.

http://i.imgur.com/QQTglqU.png

As you can see those first 3 months are like amazing premium gaming time, you get time off work, the child doesn't move and will happily lie in a blanket on your chest as you laze on the sofa and play. After that though you're fucked. Every game suddenly becomes a COOP experience where you're trying to play, the child is trying to smash buttons and wrestle controller from you and basically it's mental. I hope you all enjoy the LEGO games as they're all you'll be playing once you have a child.