Last game you completed + rating

Yorkie

Persona 5 - 9/10. Absolutely f***ing fantastic. Didn't think I could enjoy a game that much anymore. Easily GOTY so far, imo.

But it has Pokemon fighting right

You'll hate it.

I haven't played it for 2 months now and have no urge to return. I mean, I want to like it... but that chat. That stupid annoying cat. If it had been a dog telling me to go to sleep fair enough, but it had to be a cat. I swear that the cat is the legit bad guy in Persona 5.

--

The last 5 games I finished were:

http://i.imgur.com/D1phKIO.png

Let this be a stark insight to anyone thinking about having kids and trying to play computer games still.  :lol:

Dragon Warrior - 7/10. It's still a pretty good RPG even if it is well over 20 years old and very basic, but it's a classic NES game and set the way for many more Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest games to come.

Witcher 3 - 9/10. Amazing. I still need to play all the DLC, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm not giving it a 10/10 simply because the combat is a bit spud like. Great game though. Has boobs and dongs.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 6/10. No idea what the hell was going on, but it had one of the genuinely better protagonists in a Final Fantasy game for a long, long time. Some pretty fun monster collecting and training elements too, I enjoyed that more than the actual main game.

COD: AW - 7/10. It is what it is, a good action movie packaged as a computer game. I managed to finish it in a day too, which is always a bonus!

Final Fantasy XV - 8/10. When the PS4 didn't sound like it was going to suddenly implode on itself and reemerge in an alternative dimension, it was nice to final notice just how nice everything looked. Soundtrack was pretty decent too. The characters were a bit lame compared to what I'd hope they would be. The story is mangled to bits too, yet it was fun to play. New Game+ is decent since you can just spend your time hunting monsters and fighting in arena things.

For those interested here's a list of games I've managed to finish since my lad was born in Jan 2016.

http://i.imgur.com/QQTglqU.png

As you can see those first 3 months are like amazing premium gaming time, you get time off work, the child doesn't move and will happily lie in a blanket on your chest as you laze on the sofa and play. After that though you're fucked. Every game suddenly becomes a COOP experience where you're trying to play, the child is trying to smash buttons and wrestle controller from you and basically it's mental. I hope you all enjoy the LEGO games as they're all you'll be playing once you have a child.

"Hi pet, please can you look after 'Child A' for a few hours?"

Horizon Zero Dawn, an easy 9/10 and one of the best games I've played for many a long year. Nothing original or groundbreaking in there, but the individual parts that have been lifted from other games have been polished until they sparkle and all in all it adds up to way more than the sum of its parts. Excellent :thup:

Never looked appealing from the footage I've seen but since we've got a similar taste in games maybe I should give it a chance :)

Haven't got anything to contribute to the thread, been a looooong time since I've completed a game :lol:

:lol: Horizon is f***ing legit.

:sweetjesus: You lads weren't wrong, what a game!

Guest palnese

The Last of Us - 7/10

Really good story, but I got bored of the gameplay (as I often do). This was a few years ago, but this game made me realise that my gaming days are well and truly over. :lol:

Resident Evil 7 - 7/10

Was really into it to start with, first half of it's brilliant. Felt like a proper modern day follow up to the originals. Loses it's way towards the end though, boss battles especially are a bit shite.

Uncharted 4. 8/10.

Good game, enjoyed it a lot. Graphically it was gorgeous playing it on 4K HDR TV. Missed on higher scores for being a tad repetitive on elements, like cinematic near miss falls and having to pull a box to climb out of an area.

Uncharted 4. 8/10.

Good game, enjoyed it a lot. Graphically it was gorgeous playing it on 4K HDR TV. Missed on higher scores for being a tad repetitive on elements, like cinematic near miss falls and having to pull a box to climb out of an area.

If you are interested they are doing a standalone/expansion/dlc for this that comes out in August.

You play as Chloe instead of Drake though.

Guest palnese

A tad repetitive? Climb, climb, climb, jump, climp, shoot a few bad guys, climb, climb, solve a puzzle, jump, climb. Rinse and repeat.

Uncharted 4. 8/10.

If you are interested they are doing a standalone/expansion/dlc for this that comes out in August.

You play as Chloe instead of Drake though.

I will defo give  it a whirl, won't want to part with much money for it so will see what it's priced at.

Guest firetotheworks

Horizon: Zero Dawn. Absolutely spectacular. 8/10.

Big fan of the rating system you're using there.

:lol: I'm an insufferable rating snob, KI. I admit it. Nothing gets a 10 and this had too many weird bits to get a 9. But that doesn't mean it wasn't fucking tremendous. It was such a great game.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: I'm an insufferable rating snob, KI. I admit it. Nothing gets a 10 and this had too many weird bits to get a 9. But that doesn't mean it wasn't fucking tremendous. It was such a great game.

I was being serious. :lol: I'm exactly the same. Think I've only played maybe 1 or 2 10s in my life.

Guest Open_C

Although i'm not as strict as Mike :lol: i'd give it a 9 probably.

I can't remember what I gave it but aye, definite 9 for me.  Pushing a 10 since it's one of the uber-rare games that I've played through to completion, which doesn't happen very often at all these days.

I can't remember what I gave it but aye, definite 9 for me.  Pushing a 10 since it's one of the uber-rare games that I've played through to completion, which doesn't happen very often at all these days.

:lol: The human vs human fighting up close was a goddamn mess. The enemy AI was nonexistent. Climbing was just "Hold up/down,  but ONLY if there's yellow, or a bit of white paint. Nevermind that equally high surmountable rock over there, there's no yellow on it.".

With all the climbing in games now, eventually someone is going to take it seriously and every game before it is going to seem silly.

The nonessential NPC acting was generally pretty bad.

The story was outstanding, visually it might be the best looking game I've ever played. Fighting the beasts was a consistent thrill. Can't wait for the DLC/sequel.

:lol: The human vs human fighting up close was a goddamn mess. The enemy AI was nonexistent. Climbing was just "Hold up/down,  but ONLY if there's yellow, or a bit of white paint. Nevermind that equally high surmountable rock over there, there's no yellow on it.".

With all the climbing in games now, eventually someone is going to take it seriously and every game before it is going to seem silly.

The nonessential NPC acting was generally pretty bad.

The story was outstanding, visually it might be the best looking game I've ever played. Fighting the beasts was a consistent thrill. Can't wait for the DLC/sequel.

Everything what you say is true, although if that stuff was class i'd probably give it higher tbh :lol:

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Biggest disappointment of the gen so far for me, having been a huge fan of the original.

The open-world is so unnecessary and the whole game feels bland and unfulfilling. You wonder why DICE even bothered in the end, seemed like they wanted to work on literally anything else but this.

5/10.

Bucky O'Hare on NES - 9/10. Wow, this game is great. I've always wanted to finish it because I couldn't as a kid, it is brutally difficult but with a really nice learning curve and infinite continues which essentially means infinite lives because of the forgiving respawn points.

Been playing a few NES games lately and (unsurprisingly) some of them have aged really badly - the original Castlevania is clunky as fuck and frustratingly slow. This game absolutely holds up. It's lightning quick but with controls that are beautifully responsive so you never feel you've been killed cheaply, loads of variety in the levels and five different characters to switch between with varying weapons and abilities, and you'll need to use them all to make it through.

I really think it's one of the best games on the system and if you like 8-bit platformers, I highly recommend giving it a try.

Guest firetotheworks

Hmm, interesting. I wasn't even aware that it existed which is weird because I loved Bucky O'Hare and had a nes. That sounds really good, I'll try and give it a blast.

It's absolutely class. The usual crack with me and retro games is that I'm desperate to play them until I play them, then I get bored really quickly and give up after two levels when it starts getting difficult. The idea is almost always more entertaining than the reality but I've been completely hooked on BOH for days.

Metro Last Light

From an atmospheric and story standpoint this is one of the best and most gripping FPS i have played since the original Bioshock, from how the world impacts you visually and what has happened since the apocalypse, the fact ammo is in short supply giving off a survival horror type feel at times and because of the toxic gas in the air having to constantly manage your air supply.

Genuinely fantastic and i can't wait to play the sequel next year. 9/10

Yakuza 0

This is a game series i wonder where it's been my whole life, everything about it is simply outstanding and probably deserves a bigger audience than it has tbh.

The writing, acting is f***ing top tier and the story itself is insanely gripping with some amazing characters. I don't think i have played a game which handles end of chapters as well as this game does, the mini games are stupidly fun and i got amazingly addicted to the dancing one. :lol: The combat is also fantastic with a surprising amount of depth between each fighting style.

Although the slightly under the radar star of the show is the weird as f*** side missions, they are consistently f***ing amazing but i don't want to say too much about them in detail. Just to say along with Witcher 3 this is how side missions should be done.

My only regret would be i didn't go in detail with the skill trees if you can call them that and the business stuff as much as i should have, but that's my fault and not the game.

9.3/10 and just like Metro Last Light it's got me massively hyped for it's sequel next year.