Last game you completed + rating

Yorkie

3 hours ago, Cf said:

Isn't there a flow chart system so you don't have to replay old bits? Never played the third game in the series but the first 2 are great.

Aye there is, but there's a lot of bits still to cover [emoji38]

I've downloaded the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and I'm looking forward to giving it a go. I too was skeptical but your review gives me hope!

• 2 weeks later...

Cyberpunk 2077 - been plugging away at it since February and in the end really enjoyed it. Would give it an 8.5/10. Was never going to live up to the hype, but I saw very few bugs (playing on PS5 - glad I waited for the next gen upgrade) and really enjoyed the story. The side missions and characters you meet are all pretty well fleshed out, the city is beautiful and a lot of fun to explore. Gunplay and combat was fairly average, no major complaints but didn't blow me away. Put in 40 hours overall and feel I got a lot out of it.

2 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

Cyberpunk 2077 - been plugging away at it since February and in the end really enjoyed it. Would give it an 8.5/10. Was never going to live up to the hype, but I saw very few bugs (playing on PS5 - glad I waited for the next gen upgrade) and really enjoyed the story. The side missions and characters you meet are all pretty well fleshed out, the city is beautiful and a lot of fun to explore. Gunplay and combat was fairly average, no major complaints but didn't blow me away. Put in 40 hours overall and feel I got a lot out of it.

I've stayed well away after the launch debacle, but sounding like now is probably best time to give it a go if any. Patches sorting the bugs, PS5 to get decent performance and graphic experience of it. 

14 hours ago, hakka said:

I've stayed well away after the launch debacle, but sounding like now is probably best time to give it a go if any. Patches sorting the bugs, PS5 to get decent performance and graphic experience of it. 

I think I crashed 3 times in 40 hours? And the auto save is regular enough that I never lost more than 5 minutes of progress. Only other bug I can recall is occasionally when driving fast pedestrians would spawn middle of the road, which was fairly amusing :lol:

Just finished Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence - The Revengening of Vengence. 

What the hell was that [emoji38]. Part hyper action, part comedy, part edgy youth fever dream. An entertaining experience?

Gameplay was fun, especially once you get the hang of parrying. More depth to combat than dynasty warriors but not as much as newer games. Worth a shot if it's on sale and you enjoy action B movies both ironically and unironically.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. What a janky tedious mess of a game, but I still love it.[emoji38]

Absolutely surreal to play stuff I'd only played on a console on a handheld.

Ghost of Tsushima.

If Witcher 3 is 1/10 and Detroit Become Human is 10/10, then this gets 6/10.

Wanted to give it 8/10, but "zone 2" and "zone 3" are just repetitions of "zone 1".

Yeah, they are.  Just the usual open world issue. I felt the story getting a bit samey as it went on as well, not that it was particularly an issue for me of course.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon.  9/10

Took me ages to finish, mainly because I got distracted halfway through by Elden Ring (followed by Dark Souls, Demons Souls, Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro) and had a five month break.

Really is brilliant though, sums up everything that was great about late 90s/early 00s JRPGs.

I'm absolutely fucking loving it; if it keeps up it's going to be easily into my top 10 of all time. Just trying to track down the guy we think murdered the Soapland owner so hopefully plenty still to go.

Irreverent to today's games and culture, and at the same time not afraid to take some of gaming's most egregious stereotyping from the past and turn them up even further. It's a real breath of fresh air.

Edited by OpenC

5 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I'm absolutely fucking loving it; if it keeps up it's going to be easily into my top 10 of all time. Just trying to track down the guy we think murdered the Soapland owner so hopefully plenty still to go.

Irreverent to today's games and culture, and at the same time not afraid to take some of gaming's most egregious stereotyping from the past and turning it up even further. It's a real breath of fresh air.

:lol:  You've barely scratched the surface, it's fucking massive.

Looks like you can continue after the ending and there's plenty of endgame content.

My advice (because I reckon you'll skip it otherwise  :lol:) is to make sure you do the business minigame.  Gets you absolutely loads of money and an extra party member.

Edited by Troll

2 minutes ago, OpenC said:

:thup:

Since we're on the subject, where do I go to turn in Part Time Hero quests?

Some shops have someone behind the counter for that.  Should be icons on your map showing where (looks like a blue helmet).

24 minutes ago, Cf said:

Gonna have to get this aren't I. 

I still absolutely prefer the beat-em-up format but it's definitely fucking laughs.

39 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Are the other ones just like this but with shit Shenmue style combat?

When I wasn't busy looking for sailors I didn't mind the simplicity of shenmues combat. 

Yakuza was just flashy button mashing combo shite. 

If it's like Final Fight then I've been missing out :) and they're all on gamepass

@Trollseriously this management game, aye? :undecided:

Edited by OpenC

19 minutes ago, OpenC said:

If it's like Final Fight then I've been missing out :) and they're all on gamepass

That th management mode thing? I got that as part of the hero bundle thing as it's a third of the price of the normal game. 

Not that the ps store made that obvious mind. Was quite happily advertising £55 and would of let me pay it. 

2 hours ago, Troll said:

:lol:  It uses the job system, only instead of mage, paladin, warrior, etc; you've got clerk, barmaid, detective and hobo.

Welp, that's me convinced [emoji38]

First thing I did was try and play a slot machine but I couldn't work out how to actually spin the damn thing so I've started the game proper instead. 

1 hour ago, OpenC said:

You seriously have. Kiryu is an all time character.