Last game you completed + rating

Yorkie

• 2 weeks later...

Assassins Creed Origins

Finished it, I loved it. The world they designed is shocks me everytime with how beautiful it is and the sense of scale, love the story and the main characters especially Bayek, the sidequests where much better than I expected and the combat which seems to have gotten a mixed reaction from what I have seen I also enjoyed.

Although I do have a slight concern that considering this was made by the Black Flag team that the sequel won't be as good, but for now this one was great.

9/10

Uncharted 4 - 9.5/10 - Absolutely outstanding.

Echo this. Literally is gorgeous to look at (done it at 4k on PS4 Pro on HDR 65" TV) and is pretty much an interact movie. Blows away the previous 3.

Titanfall 2 - 8/10

Surpassed all expectations for a single player campaign tacked onto the sequel of an online only shooter.

I was massively surprised at how good single player was, just wish it was longer!

That time travel level was mint as fuck!

• 2 weeks later...

Assassins Creed Origins

Finished it, I loved it. The world they designed is shocks me everytime with how beautiful it is and the sense of scale, love the story and the main characters especially Bayek, the sidequests where much better than I expected and the combat which seems to have gotten a mixed reaction from what I have seen I also enjoyed.

Although I do have a slight concern that considering this was made by the Black Flag team that the sequel won't be as good, but for now this one was great.

9/10

:lol: I've deleted this.

There were brief moments where the combat functioned as they hoped and there was a thrill there, but it was too few and far between and every mission was essentially the same. Go to location, spiderman up the wall, use your drone (He 100 percent has a fucking drone in ancient egypt. Don't argue this. :lol:) and then stealth kill them if they're your level, or come back later if they're not.

:lol:

On further reflection i probably over did the score, more i thought about it since then it's a solid 8 tbh. Also i rarely felt the feeling of samey tbh, i was pretty much always above their level because of how much shit there is and the stupid decision of you being able to progress while just exploring so the whole being under level never applied to my experience with the game.

If anything it was the opposite, i was constantly concerned with being over leveled. I enjoyed my time with the game though even if it does have some flaws.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Middle Earth : Shadow of War

Not nearly as microtransaction heavy as was reported. The only incentive to spend money is to shorten the game and get free shit. In a single-player game, this makes no sense to me. The core gameplay loop of recruiting orcs and capturing forts was excellent. The only problem was the lack of variety. There are four forts and they're essentially the same. Still, it was a lot of fun, despite getting a bit grindy towards the end. The one complaint I have is how it shits all over the lore and tries to shoehorn itself into the LOTR storyline.

7/10

[emoji38] So just like last time, you play it for an hour and you've seen it all?

Not really. The first act is purely story driven, no nemesis system, no recruiting, no forts. It takes quite a while before you get into the core of the game. Even at that, there are multiple story threads that play out independently of the whole capturing orcs thing. It was only in the last 5 or so hours that I started to feel like it was dragging.

What Remains of Edith Finch

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/501300/header.jpg?t=1515534385

A remarkable game, one that raises the bar for interactive storytelling within the medium itself. Deeply touching and thoughtful, it's tender exploration of death and memory never fails to enchant.

Furthermore, the various ways each narrative thread interlinks with the actual gameplay is incredibly imaginative.

Exceptional, and one that shines as a true work of love by it's developers.

It also made me cry a couple times.

10/10

The Longest Journey. Weird, Funny and really confusing as to what you have to do sometimes, but kinda just drifted towards the end. Felt like it was setting up for a big finish but just kinda ended abruptly. Enjoyed it though, and looking forward to Dreamfall. 7.5/10

:lol: Jesus. Thought FC3 was pretty damn good at the time. Repetitive, but fun.

It had its moments. The final part was more memorable than the two first thirds which made up for the score for me.

Was considering giving it a 6, but it felt like it would have been a wee bit too generous.