Elon Musk

Parky

They basically take advantage of lost and frustrated young men for profit, they give them something to blame, something to be angry at, and the followers think they're being empowered when really they're being taken for mugs. It's happened forever but I suppose now with social media we all get to watch it happen. Best thing to do is ignore them, the more you kick back, the more it validates the grifter in the eyes of the followers.

Edited by Kimbo

10 minutes ago, TRC said:

I dont get why Tate has such a huge following, what am I missing here?

I think there is a large and growing group of men that don't know how to look after themselves, don't know how to progress their career, don't know how to find and treat a partner well, don't know how to unlock their potential and also don't know how to act or modify their behaviour to a fast paced changing society. 

I think these people are looking for leaders and role models to help lift themselves up in life, but sadly that space is a ground for gifters to exploit these groups of people by playing on their anxiety and taking blame off them, as opposed to helping them adapt and evolve.

Not only is Twitter beset by security breeches, an alt-right onslaught but also functionally it’s not working properly. I just tried to click on a post to read replies and it won’t load. This has been happening loads more in recent weeks. The platform is just a shell nowadays and will only get worse 

• 2 weeks later...

Wor Yasir getting dragged into his latest lawsuit :lol:

Musk hasn't given up on defending the "funding secured" statement. Musk's trial brief says his tweet came 30 minutes after the Financial Times reported that the Saudi Arabia government's Public Investment Fund had acquired a $2 billion stake in Tesla.

"Mr. Musk was worried that whoever had leaked the investment would also leak the PIF's interest in taking Tesla private and that such a leak might include inaccurate information that could cause confusion in the market," Musk's brief said.

Musk's brief goes on to suggest he was misled by Yasir Al-Rumayyan, the PIF's managing director:

On August 10, Mr. Al-Rumayyan told Mr. Musk for the first time that the transaction would have to be approved by certain committees within the PIF. Mr. Musk was surprised; Mr. Al-Rumayyan told Mr. Musk at the July 31 meeting that he was the PIF's decision-maker and had the support of the Crown Prince. Mr. Musk conveyed to Mr. Al-Rumayyan that this was not what he understood from the July 31 meeting.

Mr. Al-Rumayyan apologized for the misunderstanding and reiterated that he was "unequivocal" about his desire to invest in Tesla... In the days following the "funding secured" tweet, and after news outlets began to question the PIF's level of involvement in the potential transaction, Mr. Musk communicated with Mr. Al-Rumayyan to confirm that the PIF had committed to fund Tesla to go private. Mr. Musk's non-public statements to Mr. Al-Rumayyan demonstrate his belief that funding was secured as a practical matter after their meeting.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2023/01/musk-on-trial-for-funding-secured-tweet-experts-predict-hes-going-to-lose/

On 28/12/2022 at 14:27, hakka said:

I think there is a large and growing group of men that don't know how to look after themselves, don't know how to progress their career, don't know how to find and treat a partner well, don't know how to unlock their potential and also don't know how to act or modify their behaviour to a fast paced changing society. 

I think these people are looking for leaders and role models to help lift themselves up in life, but sadly that space is a ground for gifters to exploit these groups of people by playing on their anxiety and taking blame off them, as opposed to helping them adapt and evolve.

We all miss @Dave but this is a harsh critique of NO. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a twitter update with a "for you" tab and "following" tab. 

So I now have 2 timelines when I only want one, and when opening twitter it automatically selects the for you tab. 

So annoying and absolutely not needed. 

If I want to see posts from people I don't follow I would just follow them [emoji38]

26 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Just had a twitter update with a "for you" tab and "following" tab. 

So I now have 2 timelines when I only want one, and when opening twitter it automatically selects the for you tab. 

So annoying and absolutely not needed. 

If I want to see posts from people I don't follow I would just follow them [emoji38]

It’s amazing shit like that passes any rudimentary user testing, but doubtless Musk sacked most of the testers. 

Apparently your selected timeline will persist in an upcoming update 

'For you' appear to be endless tweets from Andrew Bridgen and other anti-vax nonces. 'Following' is pretty thin stuff and feels like I'm using the site when I first joined and only followed a few people. 

Most of the ads are not for actual companies, but clickbait articles with fake captioned images posted by accounts with plausible small business names. 

Shite.

Twitter is being sued by the Crown Estate over alleged unpaid rent for their London headquarters.

The Estate - which oversees a property portfolio belonging to the King - filed a claim against Twitter in the High Court in London last week, according to Reuters news agency.

The alleged arrears relate to office space near Piccadilly Circus in central London, the BBC has been told.

The social media giant has not responded to requests for comment.

On 24/01/2023 at 07:33, 54 said:

These 'warriors for truth', right-wing types, constantly whinge on that 'wokeness' is the problem, but whenever they actually get their chance to run things. everything then turns to shit.

See Trump, Boris Johnson, Musk etc.

I recall Tories and the right-wing media, calling Britain's relatively successful economy in 2010, 'Broken Britain'

Now, 13 years down the line, what we'd give give for a bit of that, eh?