Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Not a chance we'll pay £16m for him though, we literally reckon he's worth half that. :lol: Which isn't a good start.

We'll get him, but can see this taking ages to sort out.  Think of the wages saved though. 

This. Probably £10m with possible £2m add ons if they agree we don't have to pay his wages until Sep 1st :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

If Norwich want £16m and we're offering £10m you would think £12-£13m with a sell on clause would do it, but who knows with Charnley doing the negotiating.

Even if we get him, at this stage in his career he's just a talented young player with zero top level experience. Admittedly he looks quite promising, but that isn't really what we need at this point in time. Couple that with Gayle (never a regular starter in the Premier League) and Ritchie (one season in the Premier League but only 4 goals) and we're still sorely lacking any proven performers at the top end of the pitch. I was hoping Rafa would be getting some players in from the Spanish and Italian leagues with top level experience who didn't cost the ridiculous fees that English based players do.

so what's his deal then; pacy, tricky, both?

hoping for some genuine pace and directless the likes of which we saw from early aarons

No idea but their mother is from Birtley which is not a place you'd want to be lacking in the pace department depending on the estate :lol:

Guest neesy111

hoping for some genuine pace and directless the likes of which we saw from early aarons

No idea but their mother is from Birtley which is not a place you'd want to be lacking in the pace department depending on the estate :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Even if we get him, at this stage in his career he's just a talented young player with zero top level experience. Admittedly he looks quite promising, but that isn't really what we need at this point in time. Couple that with Gayle (never a regular starter in the Premier League) and Ritchie (one season in the Premier League but only 4 goals) and we're still sorely lacking any proven performers at the top end of the pitch. I was hoping Rafa would be getting some players in from the Spanish and Italian leagues with top level experience who didn't cost the ridiculous fees that English based players do.

I know what you're saying, but TBH if Rafa has assessed him I'm happy to accept it. Obviously a few more proven players would be great, but they're not exactly easy to come by. If we bought someone proven in Ligue Un or La Liga there would be just as many doubts probably.

I don't think we're that many players away from a decent team really, just frustrating how long the summer has been so far. Hopefully we can get this guy and a couple of others soon after.

I see it quite differently. I look at our squad and see very few Prem-quality players. I was really expecting us to bring in 5-6 first-team ready players, not gonna happen now you'd think.

Can't say I have much confidence right now.

Cracking swimming baths though.

I don't think we're that many players away from a decent team really, just frustrating how long the summer has been so far. Hopefully we can get this guy and a couple of others soon after.

I see it quite differently. I look at our squad and see very few Prem-quality players. I was really expecting us to bring in 5-6 first-team ready players, not gonna happen now you'd think.

Can't say I have much confidence right now.

The players I'd say are definitely good enough are: Yedlin, Mbemba, Clark, Ritchie, Shelvey and Gayle. Also hoping that Hayden, Atsu and Lejeune can step up. Dummett could be a reliable back up. Certainly not a decent team by any stretch of the imagination. Midfield and attack look pretty hopeless as it stands.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm so starved of activity that I've already clicked into this thread at least 10 times looking for an update.

Think this one will happen. Mainly to appease Rafa. If it falls apart it's the beginning of the end imo

:thup: Feels pivotal in several respects. Young, talented, English, plays in a position where we are desperately short and said to rank highly on Rafa's list. Player also wants the move. Sealing the deal would be a huge relief - far moreso than Lejeune was IMO - and would go a long way towards keeping Rafa sweet.

Cracking swimming baths though.

:thup: Let's hope he's used to be throw into the deep end.

How can we be in talks with him if we aren't even close to meeting his club's valuation? Surely they wouldn't allow him to talk to us as that would weaken their hand substantially?

There is nothing in those two tweets that suggests we are in talks with the player. NUFC are in talks with Norwich; Murphy and his agents are also in talks with Norwich.

I know what you're saying, but TBH if Rafa has assessed him I'm happy to accept it. Obviously a few more proven players would be great, but they're not exactly easy to come by. If we bought someone proven in Ligue Un or La Liga there would be just as many doubts probably.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted to get anyone in who Rafa wants. I just thought we'd be aiming our sights for a winger a little higher and someone more established than Jacob Murphy.