Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

30 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Six year deal for someone who shouldn't ever be any more than a squad player is madness. 

Might just be a little slow in his development. Not all burst on the scene early doors, look at Vardy. Had he been this good when he'd arrived we'd all have been happy with a long term contract. Hopefully more to come from him. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Might just be a little slow in his development. Not all burst on the scene early doors, look at Vardy. Had he been this good when he'd arrived we'd all have been happy with a long term contract. Hopefully more to come from him. 

With a six year deal let's hope so. 

4 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

With a six year deal let's hope so. 

Fingers crossed. Way i look at it if we had minimum of his quality as backup in every position then we're a safe team year in year out regardless of manager and owner. So i'm not worried he's here for the next 6 years. 

18 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Six year deal for someone who shouldn't ever be any more than a squad player is madness. 

He's a decent enough squad player though, and if he's not costing much money, probably well worth it. He can do a decent job anywhere on the right as a back up if nothing else. 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

He's shite man. He wouldn't get in the matchday squad of any other team in the league, bar the recently promoted clubs.

I like him and think he’s good enough for our first team at least, which probably tells you all you need to know. He’s decent enough IMO.

Edited by HTT II

On 08/07/2021 at 08:19, andyc35i said:

As much as I want the guy to stay part of the squad, six years is a very strange decision. Just another strange decision by a strangely run football club 

It's a hangover from when Llambias thought he was a football visionary with his purple stickers, the nuffies think that they now have all the "leverage" because such a lengthy deal will inflate the transfer fee price.  Completely ignoring that with current transfer dynamics you can now still extract near full price for in demand players even if they only have 12 months left, so all you're really doing is taking on all the risk if they turn out to be shit and you can't shift them like with Colback, Marveaux and Tiote.

Edited by Pandamninator