Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

I did like on one occasion down the right hand side he tried to switch onto his left foot and get a shot in. Unfortunately the defender was well aware and blocked the shot. He does show some quality on occasion but overall he has been very disappointing in his time here.

9 minutes ago, Aiston said:

His complete lack of effort is his fault.

Do other fan bases have this obsession with if a player isn't good enough then it's clearly because he's not putting in the effort? I feel like I see it disproportionately aimed at our inadequate players. I can't think of many times I've watched Murphy and thought he wasn't trying to put a shift in, even if the shift was ultimately shit.

I've noticed Wood has had it thrown at him recently too when his biggest plus since arriving has probably been his workrate.

Some players just can't make the step up; it doesn't mean they're not trying. And this comes from someone that agrees with not wanting to see him on the pitch for us again if Howe can help it.

58 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

What’s to say he doesn’t work on his decision making? It probably isn’t just that easy. He’s a limited player, and he can’t really help that.

Yeah, he’s limited mentally. The physical side of him doesn’t hold him back at all, he just hasn’t developed like Rafa hoped he could when he signed him.

Edited by Nine

Hope he can restart his career elsewhere in January. Would be great for him and us. His pace could definitely be of use in the lower leagues but we’ll struggle to shift him because of his wages. Howe might not be cutthroat enough to loan him out in Jan with a view to selling him in the summer but I think it’s what needs to happen

1 hour ago, kenlau88210 said:

I did like on one occasion down the right hand side he tried to switch onto his left foot and get a shot in. Unfortunately the defender was well aware and blocked the shot. He does show some quality on occasion but overall he has been very disappointing in his time here.

on that occasion he should have crossed it tho 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The most annoying thing about this guy is that he doesn't have the sense to just keep his game as simple as possible. If he did just that alone, he'd be so much better. He's ridiculous.

This is a good point, he needs to look for the easiest pass whenever there’s pressure and when there’s space to run, he needs to run with the ball and then when the pressure comes, release. It’s as simple as that with his technique 

Edited by gbandit

23 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

He's a 22 23year old in a crisis of confidence, but he isn't giving up. Give him a couple of years.

Just now, TRC said:

Hes scored 2 in 2 as far as I'm concerned doesn't even have our 2 best playmaker with him atm

Stop getting Jacob Murphy wrong!

BM0D8qqCcAAcWKj.thumb.jpg.30a526573a1ed8e5bd12e54d84fed0c5.jpg

I don't think it's about effort with this lad, but he is definitely a bit soft, much like Willock in the way that that he won't get stuck into anything too physical whether that be a 50/50 ball on the ground or in the air, there's plenty of effort in his general play but he's just a championship player and not at prem level, which isn't really his fault.

Obviously I don't know what's went on behind closed doors but we should have got a winger in and this lad should have been touted to championship clubs, which is hopefully what might happen within the next couple of windows.

Edited by Tiotes Witch Doctor

Thought he was ok today. Couple of naive moments but he locked down Zaha on the counterattacks. Possibly our fastest player. He’s ultimately got 13 games to impose himself more confidently on the game. If he can’t do it with all the feel good factor and team playing well he sadly never will.

Needs the crowd to back him a bit more as he’s the typical confidence player.