Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

I know you enjoyed it.  Newcastle on the crest of a wave, eh?  Mind, there's a few players around the land, past and present, who'd have been waiting in the tunnel to smack him for doing that.  Also I'd be surprised if Eddie Howe didn't have a gentle word with him after the match to say don't do that stuff. 

City fan here, hope you win the League Cup (came close in '76!) 

Edited by Sky Blue

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Thought he was spot-on today, his pressing/positioning was pretty much the main positive from the triple sub.

Howe massively name checked him post game.

2 hours ago, Elliottman said:

Why did he come off?!

Timewasting.

37 minutes ago, Disco said:

Timewasting.

this. They were time-wasting / giving Murphy another opportunity to take the piss.

Can't be many games where two subs got subbed. Discman, check the history books.

Edited by SEMTEX

7 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

this. They were time-wasting / giving Murphy another opportunity to take the piss.

Can't be many games where two subs got subbed. Discman, check the history books.

He missed out on a gag. Should’ve turned to the Southampton players as he went off and waved them goodbye.

8 hours ago, Disco said:

Well he was asked specifically about him,and how he came off the pitch with a big smile on his face, and Howe responded by saying basically about what a top lad he was .

On 01/02/2023 at 10:48, TRon said:

Well he was asked specifically about him,and how he came off the pitch with a big smile on his face, and Howe responded by saying basically about what a top lad he was .

I feel sorry for the guy, I mean he's no rashford / wilson etc, but if he had scored for the number of times he's hit the post/bar etc then people would be singing his praises, and it's only for the fact that he hasn't that people aren't.

I mean I'm not hearing as much negativity to ASM - or may be i've missed something.

• 3 weeks later...

Liked his hussle today.

Wouldn't mind seeing him start.  Super committed, tremendous work effort.  

For a team struggling (relatively) in the league wouldn't be worst idea in the world to reward his commitment with a start.  Played well when he's gone on.

Just now, dcmk said:

Liked his hussle today.

Wouldn't mind seeing him start.  Super committed, tremendous work effort.  

For a team struggling (relatively) in the league wouldn't be worst idea in the world to reward his commitment with a start.  Played well when he's gone on.

Agreed. Think he's earned himself a start recently.