Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

He was boss against manure too. He is good defensively and underrated coming forward. Great squad player but better than what we have at LB, even if it's a secondary position for him. He has always been solid there throughout the year at different clubs.

Want him to start at LB if we don't get a new one in. 

Had Dummett stayed on I think Raphinha/Rodrigo would've caused much more problems for us... Manquillo just bossed them and played a really big part in our goal. Really impressive performance.

First season we had him I’d have had anyone at left-back over him but he’s looked decent there filling in. Today he was great. First time we had our left-back attack them all game results in the goal and he’s just as good defensively. If Lewis isn’t ready I’d stick with Manquillo.

20 minutes ago, huss9 said:

most underated member of the squad.

Always liked him, even when he was getting pelters. He's a lot better than he thinks he is, today was a glimpse of what a player he could be if he had the self belief of a Trippier. 

As it is, I would like him to stay here over the next few years even as we buy better players. He's one of those squad players who will always come in and do a solid job, and has the tools to adapt to when we move up the leagues. 

What a performance! I said it in the match thread but I'm sure he stopped 100% of the attempts to run and cross past him. Used the ball smartly and won the free kick for the goal. Was arguably MOTM on that basis, but probably just misses out to Schar who was great all game.