Mikel Merino

Disco

in that telegraph piece

That should hush some of the doubts about Benitez’s long-term future at St James’Park, although he still wants to bring in another four players in this transfer window.

:shifty:

I am torn.  I like this kind of signing, and 7m is a good gamble.  The only drawback is he is shit based on his limited time in Dortmund.  I hope he is a success but I honestly won't be surprised if he is a flop.

I am torn.  I like this kind of signing, and 7m is a good gamble.  The only drawback is he is shit based on his limited time in Dortmund.  I hope he is a success but I honestly won't be surprised if he is a flop.

as ever, would you rather have colback? argument settled

Guest firetotheworks

Even Dortmund fans aren't saying he's shit, mind. More that he's just young and didn't really have or get a chance.

Fuck me we've been quick with this one

Feels like we've lined up a deal with Dortmund, flown him over, given him a medical and agreed terms in about 3 hours :lol:

Quite excited about this kid.  Know nothing much about him but he's young, plays in a position we're desperate to strengthen, seems like he'll fit into the team nicely and by all accounts has a lot of potential.  Good signing if we can pull it off imo.

I am torn.  I like this kind of signing, and 7m is a good gamble.  The only drawback is he is s*** based on his limited time in Dortmund.  I hope he is a success but I honestly won't be surprised if he is a flop.

For starters he obviously didn't play anywhere enough to be determined anything at all.

Secondly he'll be playing a completely different role than he did for Dortmund.

I am torn.  I like this kind of signing, and 7m is a good gamble.  The only drawback is he is s*** based on his limited time in Dortmund.  I hope he is a success but I honestly won't be surprised if he is a flop.

Not settled, what's worse than having Colback is to have 2 Colback.

Better to just stick with the one Colback then eh?

Know nowt about him but I'll eat my hat* if he's anywhere near as bad as Colback.

* - by my hat i mean a pizza

Even Dortmund fans aren't saying he's s***, mind. More that he's just young and didn't really have or get a chance.

Dortmund would never limit youngsters playing time if they are good enough.

Anyway I hope he is a success, I sincerely hope so. Just to remind you guys that he is not guaranteed to be a bargain for us and there is obvious risk behind.

Sky say loan the rest say permanent :lol:

Seems like the press knew nothing.

Sometimes they do but are asked to keep quiet until deal virtually done in return for access and interviews etc. Maybe it was the one Ryder said now was not the time to talk about it.

Not sure why I'm trying to defend him like :lol: