Mikel Merino

Disco

Fuck me we've been quick with this one

Says ewe.

"According to reports the Magpies have been locked in negotiations to sign the 21-year-old for weeks, after he became unsettled at the German giants."

Nevertheless, a baa-rilliant result if we've got him.

Think the club have just pulled the wool over the medias eyes again, which the Chronicle are no doubt feeling fairly sheepish about.

Welcome to the fold Marino! :indi: :clap2:

I am torn.  I like this kind of signing, and 7m is a good gamble.  The only drawback is he is s*** based on his limited time in Dortmund.  I hope he is a success but I honestly won't be surprised if he is a flop.

Even Dortmund fans aren't saying he's s***, mind. More that he's just young and didn't really have or get a chance.

Dortmund would never limit youngsters playing time if they are good enough.

Anyway I hope he is a success, I sincerely hope so. Just to remind you guys that he is not guaranteed to be a bargain for us and there is obvious risk behind.

There's no guarantee with everything, there's absolutely zero point in thinking like this.

I feel like an obligation to buy makes it a "two part installment" in everything but name, skirting our ridiculous "all the cash up front" policy. Which I'm not even sure is in place. I applaud the cheek of it though.

Guest firetotheworks

I am torn.  I like this kind of signing, and 7m is a good gamble.  The only drawback is he is s*** based on his limited time in Dortmund.  I hope he is a success but I honestly won't be surprised if he is a flop.

Even Dortmund fans aren't saying he's s***, mind. More that he's just young and didn't really have or get a chance.

Dortmund would never limit youngsters playing time if they are good enough.

Anyway I hope he is a success, I sincerely hope so. Just to remind you guys that he is not guaranteed to be a bargain for us and there is obvious risk behind.

Aye, good enough for Dortmund. That's a canny big distinction to make.

About time we took advantage of loan/permanent rather than peddling our crap out with it like :lol:

Yep. If we insist on being one year behind and waiting until next summer, it's a clever way to buy.

And even better that it's from nowhere. Loving the way this has happened :lol:

Almost seems too good to be true. We've added him without eating into the budget (as much, as wages will still count). We'll have a lot more money next summer (provided we stay up) so he'll be little more than a rounding error by then.

And I wonder why you guys are surprised that it's only 7m.  He only cost Dortmund 3.2m last year and failed to make any impact, being frozen out for one year and now being sold for twice the amount.  Dortmund are very happy to clear out deadwood with decent profits.