Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

A Stoke ST holder that I know is extremely unhappy at this. Thinks he is a lot better than he is given credit for, scored a decent amount in pre-season and looked in good form but has been totally frozen out by Hughes for reasons unknown.

Apparently Hughes has never fancied him or given him any sort of chance to break into the team. Whenever he has played, he has played well but then dropped.

He thinks that he could be a great signing for us.

Guest firetotheworks

From oatcakefanzine:

He was brilliant away at Swansea and Watford. Scored a beast of a header at Bournemouth too. He moves around looking for the ball and making runs. That's what takes him out wide and makes people think he's 'wandering.' He gets himself in the game by moving wide, dropping short and constantly making himself avaliable, completely the opposite of what Berahino does which is why he's so hapless.

Gets assists too by moving around, away at Everton, West Brom and home to Norwich too. In our team (unless you're Crouch) then standing around in the middle of the pitch being constantly marked will render you as useless as Berahino. He'll score plenty at Newcastle if he's given a run meanwhile we'll be relegated persisting with our current options.

Could he perhaps be used as a shadow striker behind Gayle/Perez? With those attributes he should play nicely alongside one of them.

Very encouraging comment, that. Can't see Stoke being in any relegation trouble though.

We need a main striker, not a third choice.  He's our main striker signing.

As i have already said we need both, while you are probably right that's depressing in of itself.

If we're going with one up top then I think we've got pretty solid options personally.

Biggest issue is what's behind them in the #10 role.

Perez is alright there if Mitro starts and it sounds like Joselu might suit him too.

Problem is that Gayle is our best striker and we have nobody who complements his game at all. De Jong might, I guess, but he can't be relied on at all.

Not exactly what I was hoping for, feel we need a big, proven signing up front, one that guarantees goals. Easier said than done but...

Look forward to seeing what he can do and the Stoke reaction is encouraging.

Hopefully we can shift Mitro & Riviere and bring another one in.

Guest chopey

Personally had high hopes we would get Diego Costa from Chelsea or Robert Lewandowski from Bayern, so naturally quite disappointed with a s*** signing such as this.

Sorry to piss on your bonfire but both of those would be very poor signings Costa is a trouble maker and Lewandowski barely scores 50 goals a season, give me Joselu any day over those two fraudsters.

Personally had high hopes we would get Diego Costa from Chelsea or Robert Lewandowski from Bayern, so naturally quite disappointed with a s*** signing such as this.

Sorry to p*ss on your bonfire but both of those would be very poor signings Costa is a trouble maker and Lewandowski barely scores 50 goals a season, give me Joselu any day over those two fraudsters.

Are you taking the p*ss?

As mentioned I think it is a good sign they aren't happy he's leaving. Wonder what this means for Mitro?

It doesn't mean anything IMO, if we sign Perez then that might mean something.

Pretty sure he'll be third choice now. We might be able to flog him to get enough to pay for Perez if that's what Rafa is thinking.

Sorry to p*ss on your bonfire but both of those would be very poor signings Costa is a trouble maker and Lewandowski barely scores 50 goals a season, give me Joselu any day over those two fraudsters.

Are you taking the p*ss?

:lol:

As mentioned I think it is a good sign they aren't happy he's leaving. Wonder what this means for Mitro?

It doesn't mean anything IMO, if we sign Perez then that might mean something.

Pretty sure he'll be third choice now. We might be able to flog him to get enough to pay for Perez if that's what Rafa is thinking.

That's what i mean, i don't think it changes anything unless we buy a striker. Rafa preferred Murphy anyway :lol: I'd definitely want him sold if it meant we got Perez mind.