Huddersfield Town 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 20/08/17 (post-match from p37)

Disco

Guest firetotheworks

I'll definitely take that after the poor start. Lucky not to pay for the way we were playing, but it looks like Rafa's sorted it. I'd like to see Joselu at some point, Gayle hasn't done anything wrong but so far it's not a game that's suited him too much.

That was a very poor half from us, Gayle has looked awful and is offering nothing, Ayoze has been buzzing around and doing his best. That being said, Elliott hasn't had a save to make, would bring Murphy and Joselu on, freshen up the attack.

Lucky by Merino, there. Was just going to say that he'd had an okay half.

What? He's been poor! Imagine Colback put in an overall display like that... His first game though.

I suppose you could say, Merino has been poor as have the team. When the team is very good, Colback is still shit.

Guest neesy111

Pretty comfortable, tbh. Just need to get into some rhythm going forward. Don't buy this team doesn't have goals, all about confidence.

We've had 1 shot on target all game. 

We grew into the game as it went on, possibly came the closest to scoring.

It was always going to be difficult first 20 minutes or so.

We should be closing down a lot faster though, especially their backline which was near the halfway line at times. We need to calm down with our passing though, too many times we have blasted it at our players instead of playing to their feet or for them to run in to.

What? He's been poor! Imagine Colback put in an overall display like that... His first game though.

I suppose you could say, Merino has been poor as have the team. When the team is very good, Colback is still shit.

Merino made more forward passes in the first minute than Colback usually does all game to be fair.

Not sure if serious. He slipped, it happens. Otherwise he's been better than Colback could possibly be ffs.

Gayle needs to get it sorted evertime he has got the ball he has lost it. Atsu been very poor also but back four have looked solid

Him and Hayden have been terrible, lost the midfield battle so far.

I think Hayden has been alright like considering he's playing by himself in there.