Huddersfield Town 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 20/08/17 (post-match from p37)

Disco

Guest neesy111

No surprises, the players just aren't good enough, nowhere near good enough.

Nowt do to with how the manager sets his team up ofc.

Correct.

[emoji38] [emoji38]

KI doesn't entertain anything that criticises rafa.

I don't entertain basic bullshit, you're right.

Fucking hell :lol:

KI explain the Diame sub then?

We've bought wingers and then play so narrow they become nullified. Not sure i get it really, and with us having a no proper 10 it's completely cack trying to go through the middle.

We're better off playing two up and hoying crosses in by using the wingers keeping them out wide., it couldn't be worse than that shite. Not going to happen as it's not Rafa'a way like.

3 of the back 4 missing today, Shelvey missing. Merino made his first start in England

Obivously its a bad result, but neither team played well. They had 2 shots, only 1 created by themselves and they scored it.

Highlights the need for a quality CAM though

Just reminded me of nearly every away Premier League game we've played for 15 years or so.

Blob and Lascelles are terrible with the ball at their feet. Frustrating as apart from their goal they barely threatened our goal

Some incredible overreactions in here like. Shit game, both teams performed poorly and the game was one by about the one bit of skill/vision in it.

Merino looks great.

As predicted Perez and Gayle are not good enough for this level though Perez showed some signs of life at times.

We missed Shelvey.

Last season we didn't have a no.10 yet we persist with. Last week I suggested bringing Ritchie in to a 3 and I'd stick to that suggestion till we get. That means not going 4-2-3-1, is that allowed k

Honestly think the formation Rafa wants to play doesn't suit the players we've got.

Go 3 at the back and get some more bodies in midfield.

It makes no difference, we haven't got one premier league quality player. No pace, we can't pass, and we can't create or score goals.

We've got relative strength at centre back, a pedestrian midfield at best and a toothless attack. A 3-5-2 or some variation of that would at least enable us to have our most 'threatening' players on the pitch at any one time.

I don't have the answers, but we're not going to score enough goals as long as rafa sticks to his 4-2-3-1. Times are moving on.

Correct.

[emoji38] [emoji38]

Really hope that was a cry for help from Rafa like. 'Look at the obese, dying pigs I have to work with'.

Correct.

[emoji38] [emoji38]

giphy.gif

3 of the back 4 missing today, Shelvey missing. Merino made his first start in England

Obivously its a bad result, but neither team played well. They had 2 shots, only 1 created by themselves and they scored it.

Highlights the need for a quality CAM though

Anyone who thinks shelvey isn't important to us should go and watch today's game again. Him and merino when he's fit

Atsu was terrible, couldn't beat his man all game.

Ritchie was ineffective and gave away a stupid free kick.

Manquillo jusy couldn't give a fuck, literally, stood still losing the man for their goal, then Lascelles told him to move up the pitch later on in the game and he stood still again.

Gayle didn't give a fuck, Huddersfield playing the ball across the back line roghtcinfront of him and he never once went for, probably thinks he's undroppable after last season.

Hayden kept giving the ball away.

Elliott flapped at everything that did come his way, then spent the rest of the game pretending he was an effective sweeper keeper.

Guest neesy111

Correct.

[emoji38] [emoji38]

Really hope that was a cry for help from Rafa like. 'Look at the obese, dying pigs I have to work with'.

Possibly, absolutely ridiculous we are having to use him.