Huddersfield Town 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 20/08/17 (post-match from p37)

Disco

The two bright(est) sparks were Merino and Joselu... the former of which is about 10% as good as Shelvey, and the latter is never, in a million years, a striker that gets you up to midtable.

Improving the squad was critical. Yet the team we put out today was worse than last season's. Farcical.

Guest neesy111

We have 0 good players at this level, there's the issue

:lol: Log off the internet and go to bed man, you're embarrassing yourself.

'This level' of Burnley, Swansea, Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield is truly terrifying and I have no idea how we'll cope all season.

Pot calling kettle.

We have 0 good players at this level, there's the issue

:lol: Log off the internet and go to bed man, you're embarrassing yourself.

'This level' of Burnley, Swansea, Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield is truly terrifying and I have no idea how we'll cope all season.

Pot calling kettle.

You're very boring Neesy, very boring.

Guest firetotheworks

No surprises, the players just aren't good enough, nowhere near good enough.

Nowt do to with how the manager sets his team up ofc.

Correct.

[emoji38] [emoji38]

Yes, the multiple trophy winning manager with years of experience in the top flight is the problem.

No, it's the way you dismiss any critique of him.

Any critique? Not true. Obviously wrong critique, aye.

3 of the back 4 missing today, Shelvey missing. Merino made his first start in England

Obivously its a bad result, but neither team played well. They had 2 shots, only 1 created by themselves and they scored it.

Highlights the need for a quality CAM though

Anyone who thinks shelvey isn't important to us should go and watch today's game again. Him and merino when he's fit

Absolutely

I'd be benching Perez and starting Joselu. Perez doesn't affect games enough for me.

Thought is was one of our better players tbh, which admittedly isn't saying much.

Some incredible overreactions in here like. Shit game, both teams performed poorly and the game was one by about the one bit of skill/vision in it.

Merino looks great.

As predicted Perez and Gayle are not good enough for this level though Perez showed some signs of life at times.

We missed Shelvey.

We looked the same today as we did many times last season where a clear lack of quality on the ball completely kills us - it's so easy to break up our play and it isn't going to get any better.

Not all teams play this radge pressing game so we'll not be as exposed as this every week like.

Guest firetotheworks

Correct.

[emoji38] [emoji38]

KI doesn't entertain anything that criticises rafa.

I don't entertain basic bullshit, you're right.

Fucking hell [emoji38]

KI explain the Diame sub then?

The alternative in the middle being?

Lascelles is so poor. What the fuck was he backing off for with that 1-2 for their goal?

Diame, including the decision to put him on, is a fucking disgrace of a player. I hate that cunt.

Manquillo another joke of a player- not close to good enough for what we need. Couldn't call him an upgrade on Anita. Ritchie not good enough down that side too, but at least he gives it everything he has.

Merino is top, top class. Only positive for us. Otherwise we're in big trouble. Can't keep playing Elliot- guy can barely kick a ball. An absolute disgrace.

If we go a goal down we're fucked. We can't break teams down.

Total shit today. Huddersfield were there for the taking and any sort of decent team would have gotten something from this.

We started badly last season too so not gonna have a meltdown.

DM is the biggest problem. We can't keep any sort of possession there so our play consists of playing out to the wings straight from defence. It's just a general lack of quality. Pretty much hit and hope any forwards can pick up on scraps.

To be honest I'm surprised at Rafa, if anything the team should be well organised, we are not.

Overall poor, we looked very nervous at the start. Guess they knew there was more pressure on this game than on Spurs.

Huddersfield weren't good either, just a moment of quality from Mooy. Richie did almost the same thing except their keeper saved his.

I would be up for dropping Gayle and mixing up the attack. When Shelvey's back I'd consider 4-3-3 maybe. Merino was good but just not quite match sharp yet. Joselu looks OK and at least held the ball up quite well.

Correct.

[emoji38] [emoji38]

KI doesn't entertain anything that criticises rafa.

I don't entertain basic bullshit, you're right.

Fucking hell [emoji38]

KI explain the Diame sub then?

The alternative in the middle being?

Chasing a game would have been to maybe hoy two up top, but you're right, very limited in CM.